My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSX 10.8 "Mountain Lion"

sands67

Premium Member
As much as I would like to go with the mac on a laptop I cannot see me going with the mobile products. I liek the ability to customize and apple is not know for allowing that on their mobile products. Until that changes I will stay with Android. No promises on the other laptop though. That could see me soon :)

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I love Apple computers! You will not find a computer with better build quality or support than a Mac. My main system is a Macbook Pro, yet I never use it as a laptop..lol. I have a full size keyboard, mouse, and screen hooked up to it. Mobile products...well it depends on what you want. The iPad is the best tablet. I don't care what anyone says. Honeycomb is a joke on android tablets, I've owned three of them. The iPhone is a great phone, but we both agree that it's too limited.

I've been using an imported GSM Galaxy Nexus and absolutely LOVE IT. Best phone I've owned to date...and yes, I've owned many:

Sony Ericsson P800->Palm Treo 600->Sony Ericsson P900->XDA II->Motorola MPx->Compaq iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs->o2 XDA II Mini->Palm Treo 650->i-mate Jam->Motorola MPx 300->Compaq iPaq 6510->i-Mate JasJar->Palm Treo 700w->i-Mate K-Jam->QTEK 9000->HTC vx6700->HTC Herald->Apple iPhone->Apple iPhone 3G->Apple iPhone 3GS->Apple iPhone 4->Motorola Incredible->HTC Evo 4G->Apple iPhone 4->Motorola Atrix->HTC Sensation->Samsung Galaxy S II->HTC Evo 3D GSM->Samsung Galaxy S II (White)->HTC Evo 3D CDMA->Apple iPhone 4S->Samsung Galaxy Note (International)->GSM Galaxy Nexus->Galaxy Nexus (LTE/Verizon)->GSM Galaxy Nexus

LOL

sands67

Premium Member
Me too...lol. Actually I tried a iphone 3GS and sold it to get a blackberry as I was using email quite a bit and just found a blackberry better. I was a blackberry user til last fall when I looked at the Samsung S2X and ended up with it. Great phone , but wished I would have waited for Galaxy Nexus with ICS. A friend of mine has it and in my opinion beast the S2 and the S2X hands down. Just waiting the ICS upgrade for my phone or if I can find a simple ROM that I can put on my phone that would be great as well :) I have a Xoom wifi and I have to be honest I do like it. I rooted it, overclocked it to 1.6 GHZ and installed TEAM EOS Ice Cream Sandwhich ROM. Smooth as silk and everything works great. I have had no problem with Apps in around 90 percent of the cases. I wish it was lighter, but I am happy with it. I had an iPad2 but it just wan't my proverbial cup of tea so to speak.

filmgeekben

I completely agree with Bro. Blake regarding the build quality and general perfromance of Macs. Even models that are a few years old are great to use. For me, Snow Leopard was the best, but so long as they allow power users access to the utilities and file system they need, they'll keep me as a fan and user. Mountain Lion doesn't really seem to address any needs that I had, so its kind of a non-factor for me. iOS is ok, but it just doesn't really 'fit' with the way i use technology.