My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outdoor Degree

William V. Jordan IV

Hello Brethren!

In a few weeks, I will be finally raised to the sublime degree of MM! For this event, I have been selected as the candidate for an outdoor degree after a Golden Trowel presentation where members from multiple lodges in the area will be present. It is a great honor to have been selected knowing that only a few brethren experience an outdoor degree each year.

I wanted to ask the plenum their opinion on outdoor degrees, and any experiences either going through one or being involved with one (obviously without revealing any content).

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
I dont think outdoor degrees happen in my country, but we do occasionally open a lodge outside. Ive been to one of those events once and it was very special. The tiler has quite the job too. And the 'building up' of the lodge environment is a good reminder of all we need and use. I loved it and will visit such an event in the future.

The quick closing and cleanup at the end because of rain was 'interesting' too :/

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Companion Joe

Premium Member
We host a Mountaintop Degree each year right on the Tennessee/North Carolina state line. It is always well attended, and everyone seems to have a good time. We use stumps for the stations and altar. It's in July, but you have to take your coat because the weather can change on you in an instant up there. One year, a bear came wondering through about 50 yards from us. I told everyone that I wasn't going to ask for his dues card.

rpbrown

Premium Member
I have been to 2 outdoor degrees and were impressed with them both. Being from Waco, is yours going to be by the Crawford Lodge?