My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petitions

Jrich

Has anyone ever got a mason to sign their petition for them that they had never met in person? Like if they only met and knew each other through online sources like this app and other social media. Just asking because of the situation we are in some lodges have not been meeting up and may only be getting together every once in a while. The lodge I’m interested in requires 5 signatures 2 mm’s from the lodge and 3 from anywhere else or all five could be from the lodge I think as well. Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

TheThumbPuppy

I wouldn't think that that was my personal experience. I had met many brothers in my Lodge and they all had a chance of asking me questions and making up their mind about me.

It's always a possibility that some brother trusts greatly another brother's opinion and votes accordingly though.

Bloke

Premium Member
Has anyone ever got a mason to sign their petition for them that they had never met in person? Like if they only met and knew each other through online sources like this app and other social media. Just asking because of the situation we are in some lodges have not been meeting up and may only be getting together every once in a while. The lodge I’m interested in requires 5 signatures 2 mm’s from the lodge and 3 from anywhere else or all five could be from the lodge I think as well. Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app
Depends on the local rules.
Here, 2 to sign and both must have known you for 12 or more months..
But that rule can be put aside by the Grand Master and routinely is.