My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police Officer Investigates Domestic Disturbance at Local Masonic Lodge; Elected Steward

Poughkeepsie, NY--A police officer found the surprise of his life Friday night while investigating a reported domestic disturbance at a local Masonic lodge as he was immediately elected to the position of Junior Steward and ordered by the Master to go downstairs and wash dishes. Joe Snow, Worshipful Master of Hideaway Lodge No. 34 explained: "We were in the middle of our monthly stated meeting quarreling with some of the past masters on who was going to clean up downstairs after the meeting. This officer burst in and problem solved! If he does well, maybe in a couple of months we'll promote him to tiler."

Officer Nick Campbell-Smith expressed his amazement and disbelief: "I usually wash dishes at home, so it's no big deal. Just wasn't expecting this. I mean--I'm not even a member of the lodge!" Residents of Poughkeepsie can sleep easier tonight knowing that the only further disturbances from Hideaway Lodge will be the murmuring of various Past Masters as they complain that "that's now how dishes were done in my year."
-SK. Bro Mason Burhmaster​

Continue reading...