My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prayers before meals

Willaim Perkins

I'm the new Chaplain for my lodge and like other lodges we say a prayer before dinner but the prayers we've been using are basally Christian prayers with changes to make them acceptable to all faiths. Our new WM wants me to expand this and include prayers based on other religions, such as Hebrew and Islamic prayers, with the appropriate modifications of course. My first question is does anyone have any comment on this and second does anyone know of any such prayers that I can modify and use?
In situations where Ritual prayer is not used, pray from your heart. A WM is in the East for a while, GATU is there forever.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Hmm. I have spent 32 years as an attorney and judge either trying to influence a higher power with my words or being the higher power who was listening to the (sometimes) influencing words. I view my relationship with Deity in -somewhat- the same manner. To me, it is not magic, it is logic.
Very well said brother.