My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prince Hall Visitation

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Can anyone explain to me why we recognize Prince Hall in Texas, but are not allowed visitation? Was it a GLofTX or a PHofTX issue? How could this hurt our respective Grand Lodges? One would think inter-visitation would BENEFIT both Masonic entities.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Premium Member
yea there was a long discussion of it a few months ago... short version seems to have been PHA didnt request visitation, GLoTX didnt grant it, PHA said GL told them it wouldnt be approved...

How is recognition based on racism when GLoTX has Black members, and MWPHA has white members? Could the recognition issue be based more on sovereign territory?

Just playing a little devils advocate, I think everyone is VERY aware of my thoughts on the matter.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
How is recognition based on racism when GLoTX has Black members, and MWPHA has white members? Could the recognition issue be based more on sovereign territory?

Hummmmm, exactly what I was thinking… Or which system will lose members from members having the ability to choose? I think it’s just a question of “control†from both sides. How un-Masonic! What level? :confused:

Pardon me for using this hornets nest as a piñata.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
I think it a pretty even mix of racism and control. I don't think sovereignty matters to many people anymore, just used as a mask for one of the other two reasons.

J

JEbeling

You assume they want us to visit..?

maybe they want us to just reconize them and leave them alone.. ?

First thing that would happen is the Committee on "Hope and Change" would try to correct all their work.. ! next thing they would make sure ever WM were certified to their specifications.. !

sound like they need us...? we can't ever run our operation..? :D

Traveling Man

Premium Member
You assume they want us to visit..?

maybe they want us to just reconize them and leave them alone.. ?

First thing that would happen is the Committee on "Hope and Change" would try to correct all their work.. ! next thing they would make sure ever WM were certified to their specifications.. !

sound like they need us...? we can't ever run our operation..? :D

Wow, maybe they might do the work better?
I can not see PHA risk the reduction of membership thru the option of greater choices. But that may be just my myopic observation.

Bro. Gerry Kendle

Maryland has just granted open visitation between the lodges. We no longer need to request permission through the Grand Lodges but just show up on the door step.

Wingnut

Premium Member
some of the states that have recognition and visitation, the visitation comes with things like must first have permission from one GL or the other, or must have first notified the lodge you intend to visit etc... Baby Steps and as Maryland has done then open full visitation.

And yes, from all Ive heard many PHA lodges do the ritual better than many MS lodges. But then, I could say the same thing about lodges within any particular jurisdiction :)