My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Property Tax

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
So we finally took the plunge and put our house on the market. Everything was going peachy until the realtor inquired about the square footage, which I replied "4000 square feet". After scratching his head for a second, he came back and said "well, the tax office has your house listed at 5700"....WHAT! Is there anything I can do to correct this? We built the house in 06...is it possible that I can be reimbursed for this over evaluation?

Last edited:

Wingnut

Premium Member
doubt it after it being this far along. You might can get some relieve going forward but doubt you will going back.

Dragon

Are you including a garage in your measurements? If not, that could be where the difference is coming from.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
WHAT! Is there anything I can do to correct this? We built the house in 06...is it possible that I can be reimbursed for this over evaluation?

I think Stevie Wonder did my orginal appraisal as they had quoted the wrong square footage, number of rooms... I did get them to re-appraise the value, number of rooms and square footage. I did this at "protest time" during the original quote (they sent out a preliminary quote) . (They had went and examined the WRONG house)! The value went down by $10K... Good luck however getting the money back that you have already paid!

Last edited: