My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quarry Degree in Connecticut

The Brothers of Moosup Lodge No. 113 in Moosup, Connecticut will once again present a Quarry Rite Master Mason Degree at a working stone quarry just outside of town. The Degree will be on Saturday July 14, 2012.
The Quarry Rite, normally held on or near the Summer Solstice, is a one of a kind degree, performed outdoors, by torchlight, in an operative quarry. Under the stars, standard Connecticut Ritual is augmented by soliloquies written specially for the event. Reservations are required for the cookout dinner.
For more information, please see the front page of the Moosup Lodge Website. Go to: http://www.moosuplodge113.org
25683662-6897131743676028131

More...

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Very cool. Down here, since nearly everything "stone" like is built of concrete, would it be a gravel-pit degree?

(I keed, I keed.)

cjapgar

Premium Member
I've attended one outdoor degree, but never in a stone quarry. I wish I could be there for that one. That is going to be pretty awesome I'm sure.

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
I hear reservations fill up quick...I know the reservation is needed for dinner, not sure if you need to reserve a seat for the degree though. They do this every year so I won't be going this year but definitely looking to get to Moosup next year.