My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about dual Masonic membership

Purkaple

So, I'm a DeMolay, already working on becoming a mainstream Mason at the Blue Lodge where our DeMolay chapter meets. I was just curious if, at the same time, I could seek membership in P.H.A. I know there's some sort of difference between the two, so I'm interested in doing both. Is this possible?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
So, I'm a DeMolay, already working on becoming a mainstream Mason at the Blue Lodge where our DeMolay chapter meets. I was just curious if, at the same time, I could seek membership in P.H.A. I know there's some sort of difference between the two, so I'm interested in doing both. Is this possible?
Some PHA are not recognized by the SGL counterpart, so you could not belong to both.

Some PHA do not allow concurrent memberships.

As a young man, you shouldn't have time for two Lodges.

Recommend you pick one, become proficient there, and visit the other, if allowed.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
I know there's some sort of difference between the two, so I'm interested in doing both. Is this possible?

To find out you have to learn the detailed definitions of both jurisdictions.

Some jurisdictions allow a Brother to be a member of more than one lodge (sometimes not not always called multiple affiliation), others to be a member of exactly one lodge - If either has the latter stance the answer is no.

Some jurisdictions allow a Brother to be a member of more than one jurisdiction (sometimes but not always called dual affiliation), others to be a member of exactly on jurisdiction - If either has the latter stance the answer is no.

It's a level of detail that takes reading the book of rules in both jurisdictions.