My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rings ?

cmoreno85tx

Where did you get your Master Mason Ring?? Store? Online? Im hoping to be raised in October so I need to get one soon:D

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Got one online, and another from a store. I know a few guys who bought nice ones dirt cheap from pawn shops...

owls84

Premium Member
One I bought off ebay. I am looking to have a custom one made. I want to spend some cash because I want something I can give to my kids. I have heard that fellow master mason and jeweler Troy Vincent makes Masonic Jewlery.

R

RJS

I say we make this the Masons of Texas Member ring! :D

Masons of Texas Member Ring

I plan to get one because I am extremely tough on my jewelry and I think that it would make an excellent everyday ring. The website has a bunch of other cool looking rings as well Bro Moreno, you should check it out. The guy that makes them is a Mason out of Houston I believe.

Wingnut

Premium Member
I have 2... one I got from Gordons Rings http://www.gordonsmasonicrings.com/catalog1.htm I got the "In God We Trust" S&C in bronze on a silver ring...

The other I got from JEMS and is the Free Masons Riding Club Patch, again the patch is Bronze and the ring silver..

I dont wear a lot of jewlry so I rotate them. My wife told me I could get a really nice ring later if I stayed with it lol.

Did anyone get the ring that GL was offering? Wonder if they are still available?

Sirius

I got my MM and PM ring from Gordon. Wear one of them every day. They are really high quality rings that will last forever.

cmoreno85tx

I have seen Gordon's Rings and Jems by Jem and I think they are really awesome. Not at all a bad price for handcraftsmanship either.

TexMass

I got my "starter" ring from Gordon also. I think it will outlast everything else. I work in a harsh enviroment and wear it every day. After 8 years it still looks good. I will probably get my PM ring from there after next month. I will be handing the charter over to the incoming Master on the 18th of October at which time I will receive my PM apron and PM pocket jewel. Both were donated by a Masonic widow whos husband was Master of his lodge in 1959. I was born in 1960 so it's kinda cool. When a PM passes away up hear, the jewel is returned to the lodge for the next PM. Arprons are usually purchased ($200-$650) by the lodge and presented. Sometimes, an apron may carry sentimental value or is in very good condition and can be passed down.

scottmh59

i got two rings off ebay..my main one is new and the other smaller one is a police shield ring from england,dated 1890..very cool ring

JBD

Premium Member
I bought mine from my Brother -

Troy Vinson Jewelers - Fort Worth 817-377-8555 Granbury 817-573-7881

They do custom work that is amazing. They built mine, my son's and my nephew's. All custom. You can even take your own metal in and they will use it to build your ring. I took in three that were just laying in the drawer and that greatly redcued the cost.

It is owned by a MM (Troy), his sons are MM's; the deisgners are MM's and the sales guy in Ft Worth (George) is also a MM. Two of them are PM's as well. There are York, Scottish, Shrine and other bodies they belong to and understand what you are talking about.

Their pricing is "adjusted" for "family", they can create most anything you want.
Great people, fellow Masons.

cemab4y

Premium Member
I purchased a ring from Gordon's and I am delighted with it. If you purchase a steel ring, be sure to get your exact size, as the rings cannot be re-sized. I work in Iraq/Afghanistan, and I do not want to risk losing a valuable ring.

I also have an excellent ring, that I picked up in an estate sale.

And I have my Grandfather's heirloom ring, diamonds on the side. It is for special occasions only.

TexMass

I got mine from Gordon Spurlock online also. I wear everyday and it is as rugged as advertised.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
the longer I go without a ring the harder it is to but one. I have every other pice of masonic jewlery, hat, shirt, bet, buckle, wallet so I stopped at the ring. I cannot wear steel or crazy metal it has to be silver or better or else I get a bad rash from the metal pretty sure it is the metal anyway.