My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Grand Master

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Bill Powell appointed me to the Grand Lodge. We were at the Great Salt Lake. He was sitting across from and slightly to my right on the tour boat. “Glen,” in his Deep South accent, “Do you want to be the first LDS Grand Master? .” I allowed as how that would be fine.

He installed me as GM in 2008. He was on O2. I exercised the prerogative and installed the remaining officers.

He had courage in making the choice: “Can you believe we just elected a Fxxn Mormon” was a comment related to me third hand by another PGM.

There is a special relationship to the one who appoints you to what, for many, is the ne plus ultra of the fraternity. You are trusted with proving his choice was right. It’s a hackneyed phrase, but I hope I didn’t let him down.

William Powell, Grand Master of Masons in Utah, 2002. Died 26 October 20167.

RIP Grand Master.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154811548586555&set=a.10150271036286555.336779.5973

Last edited: