My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rural Lodges...Tapping other Districts...

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I have something that I wanted to run by you. What are your thoughts on inviting younger Brothers from surrounding districts or more populated areas to fill Officer positions? I look at is as a win win for both parties.

The Lodge would have younger blood brought in and officer positions (which are often vacant) filled. Brothers who would normally wait years and years for the opportunity to start though the chairs would be able to with less work.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
The brother before he could fill a position in the lodge he has been invited to serve in would first have to obtain a letter of good standing and then petition that lodge to become a dual member, and then could serve as a JW or SW for a year then would be eligible to serve as WM.

Check with Bro. Secretary if this is right he will know.

All our Lodges are in need of GOOD officers, young and old, but Masonic Maturity should play a part in the place a man serves. Just knowing the work is not all there is to being a good officer.

Wingnut

Premium Member
I agree with Bro Jones. A Brother needs to have some masonic experience before getting into the chairs. But yes, once they go through the hoops to get dual membership they can as long as they arent in an elected position already in their current lodge (I believe thats the rule dont have my book with me).

david918

Premium Member
Brother Jerry,

You can hold the same office in 2 lodges just not the position of WM.El Campo#918 and Wharton#621 have the same SW and JW this year.