My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scottish Rite

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, I just back from Austin after going up through the 18th Degree and let me tell ya it was amazing! Great job you guys! I can't wait till next weekend!

R

RJS

I really wanted to do the spring reunion, but had to put it off till the fall. Did you stay for the GM Conference?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I wanted to, but needed to get back home. I've been helping RW Jerry Martin (Grand Orator) on a couple of projects, and I was fortunate enough to be his candidate for the 4th Degree. Remember that level of excitement you had going through the first three degrees? That's what I felt throughout all the ceremonies. There was one in particular, I believe it was the 14th (Perfect Elu)? which was very moving. To me, that's when I thought, okay now I feel like a SR Mason. Bro. Secretary on the forums, along with another Brother were the ones who communicated many of the Degrees. My brain is still rattled, as there's so much to soak in lol. I just wish I lived closed as it would be a 2 1/2 roundtrip to attend lodge. I'd love to be part of the "sanhedrin" as they're in charge of putting the show together. With my passion for theatre it's right up my alley. We'll see what journey lies ahead. But I'm definitely pumped!

Oh, another cool thing is the theatre hosts various Children Plays. I plan on taking my wife and boys:

http://www.scottishritechildrenstheatre.org/

I do look forward to the York Rite next month...whew! I'm hungry for Masonry, and hopefully I can better serve you guys by having as much light and understanding of the Craft as I can.

4thgenPM

I really wanted to do the spring reunion, but had to put it off till the fall. Did you stay for the GM Conference?

The Austin Scottish Rite will hold a 1 day Reunion on August 8th. If you can make that date, please don't wait until the fall Reunion. Please let me know if you need more information.

Wingnut

Premium Member
We just finished our Spring Reunion, Im not sure of the final count but it was over 40 new members! (Im on the new 31º team which was one of my favorite degrees).