My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Guidance

acjohnson53

Brother Tsylor I was in holding Lodge #300, Oklahoma Jurisdiction, I went thru the same process a coupla years ago. I found a new Lodge in Sacramento, as I wasn't familiar on what to do, but the transition to a new Lodge and Jurisdiction was very simple, make sure u are in good standing with your current Lodge which is the holding Lodge, then you have to be aggressively active on trying to find a new LOdge to call home....I say this on my own experience..You will never forget being an Oklahoma Mason but that's why they call you a Traveling Man. Remember this one thing Brother you pay your dues to a holding lodge you are active, you got a dues card from the MWPHGLOK. and it's got a raised seal on it it's all good.

Last edited:

Alfred Taylor

Thank you. I was able to get put in touch with a PM out here in Texas that was able to point me in the right direction. Made a couple phone calls and everything has been put in motion. Sounds like all I need to do on my part is to keep aggressively trying to find a new home lodge and I will be good to go.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Here in Kentucky is not a requirement unless you are going through the chairs. Once you become Junior Warden you have six months from the initiation date to do your proficiency or get removed from the chair.
In OR it is required, in NM it is not. Our lodge changed our bylaws last yr and made it a requirement for any of the 3 pillar offices. IOT be eligable for election you must have your MM profeciency

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Good luck in your journey.

As for the proficiencies, those are what legally verifies you as a mason along with your dues card. Those exchanges are a test in Lodge when being examined. If you visit a lodge where no one can vouch for you, you will be asked certain thing and you must do them a certain way as you've done them before.

I visited a lodge and had to recite the tyler's oath, arrange two tools in three different positions and go through the grips and words.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As for the proficiencies, those are what legally verifies you as a mason along with your dues card. Those exchanges are a test in Lodge when being examined. If you visit a lodge where no one can vouch for you, you will be asked certain thing and you must do them a certain way as you've done them before.

I visited a lodge and had to recite the tyler's oath, arrange two tools in three different positions and go through the grips and words.
Great explanation.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
You could ask in the Bridge Builder group as well. There are several PHA brothers in there from the Dallas area that could point you in the right direction.

acjohnson53

That's all good, but always never leave your Jursdiction and join a new jurisdiction with out making good on your dues. When submitting your demit a good secretary will always follow up on your demit. in other a Brother never leaves his past unattended...