Should the history channel have done a show on freemasons.

Discussion in 'The Voting Booth' started by Bboc, Sep 19, 2010.

?

Should the history channel have done a show on freemasons.

1. No I worked too hard to learn that stuff it's not fair.

35.1%
  2. Yes I think it was a great idea.

51.4%
  3. I have no clue what you are talking about.

10.8%
  4. I'm not a master mason.

2.7%
  1. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

No, it's a horrible idea. People seem to think that showing more and more to the public will make more people want to join us or something. Why would anyone want to join when they see everything? The bottom line is it's just cheapening to the fraternity and it does more harm than good.

Also, like Brother Tom mentioned, trying to convince people that we aren't evil is pretty pointless. People who have made up their minds wont be swayed by some TV special.

2. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

"trying to convince people that we aren't evil is pretty pointless. People who have made up their minds wont be swayed by some TV special."

Brother JJones, I heartedly agree with that statement. I would like to see more "people who have made up their minds" staying away from the fraternity. This is a brotherhood in quest, that's hard to follow when you've already got all the answers.

3. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

I must admit that such a TV show is what got interested in the Fraternity. Prior to that, I thought the Freemasons was just another Knights of Columbus, VFW, Lions, etc...

In other words, a bunch of old fuddy-duddies that I had no interest in joining until I had received my AARP card.

Full disclosure: watching From Hell, I saw the initiation scene and that really made me wonder what we were all about, so I started looking into it even more and eventually submitted my petition.

4. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Very good idea! Wonder if I can sneak an AARP discount past the lodge once or twice.

Seriously, we only need more seekers of light in this brotherhood.

Thanks for the post Bro Mac. Thanks indeed.

Share My Freemasonry