My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen Souls

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
They do happen sometimes. Group I ride with does only single file and its more of the ride than the destination. We do not hurry, we get there when we get there.... 99% of the group have cruisers.
I was referring to the large group rides where you join unknown riders. My riding group (FTFM) is pretty safety conscious. Former military, first responders and families.

Keith C

I was a WS and I only saw chapters making sure they didn't act or give the impression of 1% clubs. Curious what you've seen that gave that gave that impression.

The groups of WS I have seen have all worn "cuts", no helmets, riding side by side, all had the typical "Officer" patches ("Prez", "Enforcer" and some of their ladies had the "Property of" patches on their backs.

If you google the WS and the actions of the GLof Massachusetts reasons for banning that group you will see what I mean. There is also a history of SOME (not ALL) WS groups going to the dominant 1% MC in their area to gain "permission" to exist. Perhaps your WS group is not a pretend 1% club, but many are.

Winter

Premium Member
The groups of WS I have seen have all worn "cuts", no helmets, riding side by side, all had the typical "Officer" patches ("Prez", "Enforcer" and some of their ladies had the "Property of" patches on their backs.

If you google the WS and the actions of the GLof Massachusetts reasons for banning that group you will see what I mean. There is also a history of SOME (not ALL) WS groups going to the dominant 1% MC in their area to gain "permission" to exist. Perhaps your WS group is not a pretend 1% club, but many are.
The leather vest style with patches isn't a 1% thing. It's used across motorcycle clubs, riding clubs, riding associations etc. Around the world. Actions define 1% MC's. Specifically, criminal actions. And by their very definition it is only 1% of clubs that behave that way. And if a Masonic club is behaving that way, then they are not behaving as Masons and should be dealt with accordingly by their GL. Come on, Keith, you are literally saying that you are judging riders based on how they are dressed. Lol

As for Masonic clubs getting "permission" from the local 1% that "controls" that area, it absolutely happens. My own WS chapter had to do it. And I find the practice disgusting. As if we should go to a criminal organization with our hat in our hand to ask them for anything. The fact that they still ride around and terrorize other riders into following their rules, not just Masonic clubs, is mind boggling in this day and age. But too many people believe it is the price you pay for two wheels on the road.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

Keith C

As for Masonic clubs getting "permission" from the local 1% that "controls" that area, it absolutely happens. My own WS chapter had to do it. And I find the practice disgusting. As if we should go to a criminal organization with our hat in our hand to ask them for anything. The fact that they still ride around and terrorize other riders into following their rules, not just Masonic clubs, is mind boggling in this day and age. But too many people believe it is the price you pay for two wheels on the road.

It is not the price you pay for riding a motorcycle, or even riding in a group or being in a riding organization. It is the price you pay for wearing cuts with patches on the back. The 1% consider that "their thing" and it is my belief they are right, and people who want to dress like that and go to them for permission are indeed emulating the 1%ers.

Winter

Premium Member
It is not the price you pay for riding a motorcycle, or even riding in a group or being in a riding organization. It is the price you pay for wearing cuts with patches on the back. The 1% consider that "their thing" and it is my belief they are right, and people who want to dress like that and go to them for permission are indeed emulating the 1%ers.

I agree. Riders who arent 1% don't owe them anything. And I'll let my local Legion Riders know that they're trying to emulate 1%'ers. :D

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
Nothing wrong with back patches.... Now adding rockers to the back is a different story.
FMRC.png

Keith C

Nothing wrong with back patches.... Now adding rockers to the back is a different story.

Like this?

image17701.jpg

or this?

image17131.jpg

or this?

image4041.jpg

Most of the Widow's Sons groups I have seen where "3 part patches" i.e a large patch with upper and lower rockers, as shown. This style of patch set emulates the 1%er image, IMO.

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
Real 1% 3 part patches have a state/location/territory on them.
Not of the ones you shown are authorized here in TX by the TGLOT.

Wearing rockers IMHO isn't smart.

Winter

Premium Member
Like this?

image17701.jpg

or this?

image17131.jpg

or this?

image4041.jpg

Most of the Widow's Sons groups I have seen where "3 part patches" i.e a large patch with upper and lower rockers, as shown. This style of patch set emulates the 1%er image, IMO.
I'm sorry, but saying that 1%ers own the style of back patch with rockers and anyone wearing them is emulating 1%ers would be the same as saying that anyone riding a motorcycle is emulating 1%ers because they ride motorcycles.

Hell, the Star Wars club I belong to with over 12,000 members wears leather and jean vests with back three part back patches.
9799e51b41029ddf60c913cc10a28c83.jpg

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Also known as comfy pants troopers? (Kidding, I’ve heard from scouts that the uniform is way easier to spend eight hours in.)