My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Straight,Safety, Or Disposable Razor

What type of Razor do you use.

• Total voters

Txmason

I want to learn to use a straight. Any advice? Anyone give classes? Haha!

"Without exertion there can be no progress." Bear Grylls

robhummeljr

Double edge safety razor, shaving soap and shaving brush all the way. I'm not coordinated enough to use a straight razor and still have skin.

My Freemasonry

flttrainer

Premium Member
What are the benefits of the safety or straight razor? Are they that much better than the disposable razor? I've been looking for a better shave for a while.

My Freemasonry

robhummeljr

Straight razor is the closest shave you'll get. It's the most economical and oldest if the blade technologies. De safety razor is the successor to the straight razor, extremely close shave, very easy to master shaving with a de safety razor and exceptional economical. I purchased a 100 count of de blades last year from amazon for around $10. Shaving soap runs about $3-5 and last around 8 months for me. The only cost was the up front cost of the razor and shaving brush (and I think both of those ran me no more than $45).

My Freemasonry

robhummeljr

I leave the straight razor to my barber when I get my hair cut. My 4 year old son gets a good laugh watch in dad get a hair cut and a shave, it's worth the extra $6.

My Freemasonry

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
What are the benefits of the safety or straight razor? Are they that much better than the disposable razor? I've been looking for a better shave for a while.

My Freemasonry

For me, It is a close shave without the irritation. Cartridge blade just pull my facial hair out and leave me with razor burn. This is so much that I did not shave often. I started with the de safety razor a while back and will never look back. It is just as fast and a lot better to my skin. The straight razor for me is the way to go if I have the time. It takes me about twice to three times as long. I mean you are holding a micro edge to your throat. When your done you feel such an accomplishment too. I mean there is nothing more manlier.

flttrainer

Premium Member
For me, It is a close shave without the irritation. Cartridge blade just pull my facial hair out and leave me with razor burn. This is so much that I did not shave often. I started with the de safety razor a while back and will never look back. It is just as fast and a lot better to my skin. The straight razor for me is the way to go if I have the time. It takes me about twice to three times as long. I mean you are holding a micro edge to your throat. When your done you feel such an accomplishment too. I mean there is nothing more manlier.

Thanks. I'm definitely going to do research and try a safety razor. My wife would probably love me shaving more often.

Freemason Connect Premium App

Txmason

@flttrainer

Bro. I have a Murker Futur Stainless Steel Adjustable razor I highly recommend. Also a Murker 34C razor.

Proraso Green shaving soap and Feather blades are best. If you need any help please let me know.

Jerry

otherstar

@flttrainer

Bro. I have a Murker Futur Stainless Steel Adjustable razor I highly recommend. Also a Murker 34C razor.

Proraso Green shaving soap and Feather blades are best. If you need any help please let me know.

Jerry

A "stainless steel" Futur? Are you sure such a beast exists? I have the polished chrome version of the Futur (that I got in 2009), but it's solid brass with a chrome plating.

flttrainer

Premium Member
I am leaning towards the Merkur 34C. So many choices to make. I appreciate the help.

Rob Yadouga
Coronado Lodge #1406 - Past Master

aradzin73

I used to shave my face and shampoo my hair, now I shave my head and shampoo my beard! Triple blade disposables do the trick.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App