Swedish Rite

Discussion in 'The Swedish Rite' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 24, 2014.

1. pipoyviste

pipoyviste Registered User

How many degress brother sir?

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

2. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

The Swedish rite have 10 degrees, with an honorary 11th degree for the grand officers.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Warrior1256 likes this.
  3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Cool!

4. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Dear Bro. SimonM and Elexir!

Could you tell me please on what level in the official Swedish conversion charts are the Knight Templar / Knight of Malta degrees?

Fraternal regards from Poland!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

KT and the Knights of Malta can visit up to VIII. Please note that we dont have established relations and visitation rights with every Grand Encampment/Commandery so check before you plan your trip.

6. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Yes, of course, Bro. SimonM!

I'm going to get the degrees from the Great Priory of Germany and as far as I know they do have official relations with the Order of Swedish Freemasons.

S&F from Poland!

7. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

8. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Brother, tell me please, does SFMO practice the intervisitaion in the IXth and Xth degree (I think I heard it doesn't)? And if yes, what degree you should have?

S&F from Poland!

9. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

The only intervisitation on those degrees that I have seen are for the Scottish Rite.
    IX - 31
    X - 32
    R&C - 33
    These are the most common conversions, but I have seen som minor differences to that.

10. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Thanks! It's very interesting esp. concerning the KT/KM and CBCS place in the chart. Hmmm... :)

S&F

SimonM likes this.
  11. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Dear Bro. Simon,

I'm just looking at the Swiss AASR - got it from GPIH - conversion chart and it says:

• IV-XVIII (AASR) = Royal Arch Chapter (York Rite) = Scottish Master of St Andrew (GPIH) = IV-VI (Swedish Rite)
    • XIX-XXX (AASR) = Royal & Selct Masters (York Rite) = Squire Novice (GPIH) = VII-VIII (Swedish Rite)
    • XXXI-XXXII (AASR) = Knight Templar / Knight of Malta (York Rite) = CBCS (GPIH) = IX-X (Swedish Rite)

• XXXII (AASR) = administration or Knight Commander of the Red Cross in Swedish Rite
    I think in every country it looks a bit different.

S&F from frozen Warsaw! :)

12. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

Yes, every country is a bit different, and it can differ from which side you come from. If you have VIII in Sweden you can visit the CBCS in GPIH, but they on the other hand can apparently visit the IX degree in Sweden.

13. Kalip78

Kalip78 Registered User

Well, I must figure out what exactly says the agreement between SFMO and Grand Priory of Germany as my mother-Lodge and I personally have very good relations with a group of Swedish Brethren from Stockholm and Scania region and we visit eachother. Maybe the day will come to visit degrees higher than MM. ;-)

14. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Bro Simon, are you aware if the 10th degree worked or simply conferred? Do you know if the 10th degree has specific "secrets" that 10th Degree holders can use to identify each other ?

15. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

The X degree is given once a year and neither SimonM or me would really know everything about the degree since neither of us have it (in the Swedish rite the degrees above you are secret) but from what Ive heard its a full degree.
    R&K or XI on the other hand is given on the "feast" of our GL wich is held at the VIII degree.

16. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Many thanks !

17. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

On visitation.
    Up to VI are allowed for non-christians
    And from VII you have to confirm that you are christian.

Kalip78 likes this.
  18. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Love to visit but I doubt I will be lucky enough to get there :)

(and thanks to Elexir & Simon for their patience and help in this thread)

19. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

Thats not entierly correct. The XI do have a 'public' part during the VIII once per year, but the actuall degree is given separately and have ist own content just like any other degree.

Both the X and the XI where very restricted before so during a large part of the 20th century they were just given as an award once per year held at the VIII degree. However, the GL of Sweden have revised the degrees and for the last 10- 20 years they are now both worked in full form.

20. SimonM

SimonM Registered User

I would assume that degree have its own "secrets" just like any other degree since it is worked in full, but as Elexir said I dont know since I dont have that degree yet.

Share My Freemasonry