My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swedish Rite

hfmm97

Premium Member
I think that 10th degree in the Swedish Rite is either 32nd or 33rd degree in AASR BUT visitation from the USA/Canada is a VERY COMPLEX matter

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Elexir

I see that several of the SweR Masons here have discussed their degrees and also hoping to proceed to higher degrees. What kinds of timeframes and requirements are there to advance within the Swedish Rite?

About 20 years, depends on activity and how many people are waiting for degrees. Its also faster for officers.

The Masonic Roundtable on Youtube also has an episode dedicated to the Swedish Rite-looks expensive (need formal wear and swords/aprons for each degree

In Sweden we have choice of suit or tails. In Denmark only tails are allowed.

We only have one set of regalia at the time and turn in our previous when we get a new degree. The regalia is owned by the lodge, custom aprons are forbidden.
When I got my IV-V° I turned in my III° regalia as I only wear my new regalia. This means that we dont wear craft regalia if we have IV-V° or higher. I dont know about swords in Denmark but in sweden its optional to own.

chrmc

I think that 10th degree in the Swedish Rite is either 32nd or 33rd degree in AASR BUT visitation from the USA/Canada is a VERY COMPLEX matter

Not necessarily. Scottish Rite Journal and Monitor has a conversion chart, and most Grand Lodges also have a conversion. I've just been involved in updating the one for GLoDenmark.
Biggest problem can often be to get a hold of the right people within the organization that knows it.

But I would suggest to never let that hold you back if you want to visit. The degrees and the rooms are some of the coolest in Masonry, so they should be seen if you've got a chance. If any issues are faced, ask for help on this board. I think we have brethren that are pretty well connected in the various Nordic countries on here as far as I can see.