My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching lodge

GKA

Premium Member
Here in Ca. You must be an MM to switch lodges, it is best if you get the support of the lodge you are leaving, but do not demit until you have been accepted at the other lodge you whish to loin

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
It's probably universal no matter what State masonic jurisdiction. Start with your Lodge Secretary who has to examine the cash book to see if you're fully paid up to date.
The process begins there.
It was my sense that perhaps he didn't wish the lodge to know his inclinations yet

BullDozer Harrell

It was my sense that perhaps he didn't wish the lodge to know his inclinations yet
However true that might be, there is no reason for the Secretary or any other member to infer that the process of demitting is being launched simply from a question about your current financial status.

Keith C

Why not be a member of both lodges?

I was about to ask the same question. Are you looking to join the closer lodge simply because it is closer? Or is there some issue with your current lodge that is prompting the move?

If it is the first, I would simply join the closer lodge in addition. You could move your "primary" affiliation to the closer lodge if you desire, but maintain membership in your current lodge. Surely there was something tangible that attracted you to join the Brothers there in the first place. If it is the second issue, I suggest that you work to resolve whatever the issue may be before you decide to switch lodges.