Texas Beer

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by Wingnut, Aug 31, 2009.

?

Favorite Texas Beer

1. Shiner

26 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. Lonestar

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. Rahr

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Franconia Brewing Company

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Zeigenbock

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Pearl

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Preston DuBose

Preston DuBose Registered User

I grew up about 40 minutes from Shiner, so that was the beer I usually ordered when I was in college. However, once I tried a "Zieg" that became my beer of choice. Now I only drink Shiner as a fallback.

2. SC Heston

SC Heston Premium Member

None of the above!!

Thirsty Goat Amber - Thirsty Planet Brewing Company, Austin, TX
    Fuego (Jalapeno Infused TexMex Pilsner) - TwistedX Brewing Company Cedar Park, TX

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  3. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

Now that sounds interesting... ;)

4. SC Heston

SC Heston Premium Member

It is really tasty. Jim has it dialed in perfectly. I've tried other "chile beer" and this is so much better.

5. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

I once drank Pearl when I was either:

* short of money
    * looking for a headache
    * in need of a bowel movement

Further money woes led me to Texas Pride! The remaining bullets fell in place.

6. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

My first sip of beer at an age way too young to mention in public, was of Pearl....

Yack!

7. tbone1321

tbone1321 Premium Member

Firemans 4 a good wheat beer with little to no after taste or blue moon summer ale REALLY good beer there

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  8. webstermason

webstermason Registered User

Has anyone tried Shiner's Ruby Redbird? Pleasant tasting for beer.

9. kwilbourn

kwilbourn Registered User

Toured the brewing facility at Blackstar Co-Op in Austin yesterday, with the obligatory tasting to follow. One beer really surprised me - Waterloo. It's a sour mash beer, and is very tart, but finished extremely clean. (This means it had a ton of flavor, but very little aftertaste).

Also got to try Thirsty Planet's Yellow Armadillo. First Thirsty Planet beer I've tried and it was very nice. Circle's Hefeweizen and BlackStar's own Vulcan finished off the tasting.

10. tbone1321

tbone1321 Premium Member

I am going to have to try that

11. Scott J

Scott J Registered User

1st Free
    2nd Cold

Anything after that is just a plus...

It depends on the mood I'm in and the money I've got. Prefer imports to domestics. Bud, Bud Light, MGD, Coors, Coors Light ect and so on ask give me a very bad headache while I'm drinking. Pearl makes for a decent pesticide, most pests won't even go near it.

I guess my favs would have to be; Fosters, Castlemain XXXX, Guiness, Heiniken, Killians, Shiner (I know, it's not an import, it just tastes like one.) The list can go on.

Wingnut: Did you ever make it over to The Lords & Ladys Old English Pub in Kialua? Chuck (the owner) always had at least 100 imports on hand. Some were great and some... well let's just say they weren't good.

Scott Johnson
    Sent from my Andriod
    using Masons of Texas

12. kwilbourn

kwilbourn Registered User

Brewed under license in Ft. Worth, so we can probably count it as "Texas"; several Australians I've met won't touch it. I like the "Premium Ale" in the Green and Gold oil can better than the blue stuff.

13. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Foster's is Australian for beer as long as the person isn't Australian. I had the pleasure of serving with several Aussies over seas and they all steered clear of Fosters.

14. Chalms

Chalms Registered User

Guinness when it is cold outside.

Shiner for every day drinking (though it is harder to come by here in FL).

Bud Light Lime when it is hot out.

15. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Go to Total Wine. There is one at St. John's Town Square next door to Five Guys. They have an amazing beer selection. While you are at it pick up some Harpoon. It is a Boston beer. I highly recommend the UFO and IPA.

Share My Freemasonry