My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas masonic g

Wingnut

Premium Member
My Brothers!

For several years Bro. Carl Jones had maintained a site collecting photos of the various "G"s from the lodge across Texas. I have taken over this project and need your help! Please visit www.texasmasonicg.com and check it out! Send me your photo's and lodge information and I will gladly update the site! I would LOVE to get every G in the Great State of Texas!

Thank you very much!

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
What a great idea Brother Wyndell! I'll look around for a pic of my Lodge and send it your way. Thanks for sharing!

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i'll take pictures of sul ross 1300 and brazos union 129 over the next month or so.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Thank you! Carl is trying to find the ones he had from before but right now I only have Saint John's 51 Lodge G and the one I made for our Dist 9 outdoor degrees.

Wingnut

Premium Member
a quick update, and a bump!

I added a section for stained glass items we have in many of our lodges! Check it out!

TexMass

A little fun.

Here is the G above the Oriental Chair during our outdoor degree on Clarks Island in Duxbury Bay, July 2006.

00%2056-0jim494-R1-023-10-600.jpg

MORE PICS HERE!

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
here is the brazos union. it is a neon sign... i thought it was unique to use neon, but apparently the mckinney lodge on your site uses it as well.

either way, attached is the brazos union #129 G.

I'll get the Sul Ross #1300 G soon (that's my lodge, was visiting across town to BU).

Attachments

• brazosunion.jpg
    brazosunion.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 379

Wingnut

Premium Member
Thanks! Our neon G has been around since at least the early 50s looking at our few old pics around the lodge. I got a new toy for christmas (canon eos rebel xsi) so Im gonna be visiting a few lodges in the area and updating pictures.

Nate C.

Our G is kind of sad-looking. I think it was handmade many years ago (by someone with really good intentions I am sure). I have tried to look around for places to order a "G" but no luck so far. I was just going to buy one and donate it. (Yes, our G really is that bad.)

Wingnut

Premium Member
Thats the beauty of this project! Some are very spectacular and some not so much. Each has character and I bet a great story behind them! I just updated a few pictures, and have a few more to do.

Since I was just 'surplussed' Im using the 24" gauge and dividing my time between looking for a job and updating 4 websites.