My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The beginning of something I feel could be life-changing for me

amac88

I live in Crowley, TX, literally within walking distance of Lodge #1437, but can find next to nothing about the lodge, it has no website of its own. Is this a dying lodge, there must be a reason I cant find any information on it? I have been researching for 2 weeks about Masonry, learning everything possible. I realize though, I know nothing, having never even met a Mason or set foot in a lodge. My parents are Catholic, and thats how I was raised. I began seeing many problems with the Catholic church itself, I knew that God and Jesus would guide me, but the Catholic church did not seem like the way to go for me.

I recently had a great realization, an epiphany of sorts. With my fiancee threatening to leave me if I didnt change my behavior (Ive made stupid mistakes, no criminal record, but just incredibly dumb things). I realized that I needed to, and wanted to, become someone far better than what I was. I admire great men like Teddy Roosevelt, Abe Lincoln, and John Wayne, who had faults just like any man, but still managed to leave a great legacy after they left this world. I want to do the same, to help people as much as possible, to improve myself as a man by improving the world around me. I see kids my age (Im 22), acting like thugs, uncaring for others, obsessed with the next pop sensation singer, or with getting "***ed up" on booze or drugs. I drink yes, but not to excess. Ive realized a lot in my life. I was raised with good values, and lost them somewhere along the way, but have found them again. I believe Freemasonry can help me better myself, improve my relationships, and, even if not one person remembers my name, I will know that I helped someone in this world.

Last edited:

QPZIL

Premium Member
It's really good to hear that you want to become a better man. Really good to hear. It's like they say though, "we don't make men, we just make men better."

My lodge doesn't have very much of an online presence either. What I did was e-mail the Grand Secretary at the Grand Lodge of the state, and he can give you a phone number or e-mail address of your local lodge secretary.

I wish you all the best with your journey!

tbone1321

Premium Member
I can say I was in the exact same shoes you where in just 3 months ago I found God back in my life and then decided to become a Mason I havn't even been one a month and it has DRASTICLY changed my life and I am better for it Don't get discoureged about it not having an online presence I joined the Alvarado lodge #314 and didn't even know that lodges had websites but anyway I promise you will love every second of it but only if you try to they won't change you into anything but they will guide you on your way. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey and I hope to call you a brother someday.

peace out

Premium Member
Amac88

You should be able to find contact info for the lodge at the Texas Grand Lodge website. From there, you might be able to request joining a meal with them. At that point, you may be on your way.

S.Courtemanche

Premium Member
amac, they may also be listed in the phone book, or on google with poc information neither of the two lodges I belong to have a website and they are going strong. You may want to just walk up to the building as they may have the stated meetings posted, mine are the first Monday and second Tuesday of the month, and are clearly posted on our doors. If they are posted, I would show up and introduce yourself and let them know you interests.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
As with what the other Brethren have already mentioned, I would contact the Grand Secretary. The GS can put you in contact with the local Lodge secretary and so forth.

A lot of Lodges do not have websites for any number of reasons, I suspect that primarily because the Brothers there are older and not "hip" to the whole World Wide Web, and because of restrictions that the GL places on communication, advertisements etc. This by no means is an indication of a "dying Lodge". Some just need people like you and me to show them the future of Masonry!

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, and also look forward to someday being able to call you Brother!