My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the Lion, the Bull, the Man, the Eagle

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
Each one represents one of the 12 tribes of Israel and can be explained deeper if you go through the Royal Arch degrees.
Thanks for reply. I have been through all the R.A. degrees. I remember Reuben and Dan and a couple others. I heard about them. But they were just stories with some meaning that I never understood. I asked, but everyone seemed confused that I thought the stories meant something. Eventually I just demitted.

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
White; which is emblematical of that purity of heart and rectitude of conduct which are essential to obtain admission into the divine sanctum sanctorum above.

Scarlet; which is emblematical of fervency and zeal, and the appropriate color of the Royal Arch Degree.

Purple; which being produced by a due mixture of blue and scarlet, the former of which is the characteristic color of the symbolic, or three first Degrees.

Blue; the peculiar color of the three ancient or symbolical Degrees.

Reactions: GKA

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
One of the difficulties with the loss of the genuine secrets is that brethren have felt obliged to invent explanations.
LOL! Well, there is some truth to the inventing of explanations BUT these inventions would never have to be put forth if this concept of Genuine Secrets wasn't invented first.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
It seems hardly necessary to point out that the ancients were capable of a wide variety of tasks that the current humanity cannot achieve.

It hardly seems necessary to point out that what is invented about these "vaguely referred to" ancients is quite literally fantastical, but yet, here I am pointing it out due to a necessity to keep things real.

Perhaps there were and are genuine secrets.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are authentic secrets and genuine secrets sprinkled throughout history. I simply do not care to hold to any fabrication that a theatrical society can authentically or genuinely lay claim to these secrets through any of its fabricated lore. Such things are there to lure those who want to believe such things, nothing more AND none of these referred to "secrets" are truly revealed through its theater.

As far as ancients, they used to sacrifice their first born children too. That's a task among many others that current humanity tries to avoid.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
... Personally, I have found that some lodges are prone to such events and others never have them as far as I can detect.

Really? You appear to have been in these lodges. You've been asked this countless times, but I figure I'll throw it out there once again and hope for a direct response this time: What Grand Lodge and Lodge do you belong to? And just so it's really clear, what is your membership affiliation that allows you such access?

Last edited:

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
Just a couple of questions relative to real secrets.

If a man walks on a tightrope 25 feet off the ground, does he "know" the secret of tightrope walking or does he "do" the secret? Since everyone understands that the trick to walking on a tightrope is balance does that mean there is no secret to it? If there is no secret to it why can't I do it?

Balance is merely control of certain forces. Is the control of force a secret or a skill? If I desire to possess a skill and despite by best efforts I cannot cultivate it does that mean that it is a secret?

I pose these questions to illustrate a point. The trick proving something does not exist is to define it so narrowly that there is no possibility of discovering an exemplar.

Don't even get me started on the topic of whether my favorite Sunday morning theatrical society possesses the real secrets. I would merely answer that I make a conscious decision to define the "real secrets" broadly enough to admit all men.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I keep my anonymity as too often I am attacked personally rather than the issues be addressed. Not that you would do that
Providing a GL affiliation establishes credibility of Recognition. Without it, it appears that you are hiding things that put what you share in suspicious light. You claim much, but provide little to substantiate. You claim to have attended Lodges, but refuse to share whether these were Recognized Lodges. Your claim of anonymity appears to be a desire to have asylum from having to back up your claims. Are you even a Recognized Mason? Your posts are telling me "no". The pretense is strong. Hence my questions. I am making every effort to provide to you a reasonable doubt. So far, only questions with what appears to be an effort to outrun accountability are returned. I remain convinced by you that you are not part of the Recognized Society.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I would agree that an unwillingness to even disclose your GL raises suspicion. An offer: I am an attorney. You may send your name and lodge affiliation to me. I will determine if it is regular. I will destroy the information and only communicate whether it is a regular Lodge and GL.
I keep my anonymity as too often I am attacked personally rather than the issues be addressed. Not that you would do that

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I would agree that an unwillingness to even disclose your GL raises suspicion. An offer: I am an attorney. You may send your name and lodge affiliation to me. I will determine if it is regular. I will destroy the information and only communicate whether it is a regular Lodge and GL.
Awesome Brotherly Offer! KUDOS Brother Glen!

LAMason

Premium Member

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Brother, The source of these four symbols come directly from nature. They are the four cardinal (seasonal) points of the zodiac (of older times) and are collectively referred to as Cherubim.

You would see three of the four at any point of the year when looking up into a clear night sky. Why more people don't see this (connection) is because most people are not trained in astronomical references.
Very interesting and informative!