The long way home

Discussion in 'Your Masonic Story' started by Victoria Bonadonna, May 2, 2020.

1. YHWH

YHWH Registered User

No,
    BrotherJC wrote "Only one grand lodge in the US follows the workings of the Antients"

2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Correct, Pennsylvania uses a different ritual than the rest of the US, with direct links to the Antient Grand Lodge.
    This (contrary to popular belief) has little to do with the alphabet soup that confuses Masons daily. (And one I think we should drop, but that’s another debate.)

Bloke likes this.
  3. Victoria Bonadonna

Victoria Bonadonna Registered User

We are Scottish Rite

4. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

You do your first three Degrees in the "Scottish Rite" ?

5. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

Beyond the founders reasoning's for no co-mingling, I fear it would become a point of dissension in a co-ed lodge. Think of the way you are presented during the 3 degrees :)

6. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Just becuse your rituals are done in a certain way theres no guarantee that others do it that way to. There could just as easly be things that are diffrent.

Bloke likes this.
  7. YHWH

YHWH Registered User

Usually,
    Mixed or Female Obediences work the AASR, in a continuum ranging from the First to the 33rd Degree. In other words, there is no Craft separate from the high Degrees.

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Sounds like someone needs the lessons of the compasses again.
    Modifications can be made to any presentation and still be metaphorically present.

9. Roy_

Roy_ Registered User

Nah, that's just Le Droit Humain. Globally they may be the biggest mixed gender organisation, but this is not the case in every country and there are quite a few other organisations that I know. As far as I know, LDH is the only with a 'continuous system'. Actually this isn't entirely true either, since members actually have to be asked for the 4th degree and up (over and over again). Wat IS continuous at LDH is that AASR degree regalia is worn also in blue degree lodges. I believe the same does not go for the other systems that they have, but I'm not sure.
    Most other organisations have 'blue degrees' organisations and separate organisations for 'higher degrees'.

TheThumbPuppy likes this.
  10. YHWH

YHWH Registered User

Probably the system well explained by the Brother Roy_ is the same practiced in other more well-known Mixed Obediences, such as the GLDI and the GOF

Share My Freemasonry