My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things to consider when becoming a freemason?

hfmm97

Premium Member
It is sectarian in the US in the sense that we have an active Libertarian party.

In a more general philosophical sense it can refer to the US as a "Masonic experiment".

It's very difficult to walk the line between what is partisan in politics and what is not, which is why some jurisdictions ban political discussion of all type.

From the context I pretty sure he meant “libertine” - I held a BA proficiency in Spanish (although I had only a minor) 30 years ago not so much anymore - but he used the adjective form “libertinaje”

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Mark89

No hay de que -
¿Ud es actualmente un francmasón? ¿O nomas tiene interés en ser un francmasón?

For my English speaking brothers:

You’re welcome ( “there is nothing to [thank for]”)
Are you currently a freemason? Or do you only have interest in being a freemason?

Currently I'm not yet, but I'm in the process, I hope to be among the columns soon and leave the profane world to be a freemason brother of you.

hfmm97

Premium Member
Mark89,

Freemasonry uses the word “profane” in a very different way than it is used today-

Freemason definition of PROFANE - from the Latin “pro” + “fanus” outside the temple (Masonic lodge) In other words, what is expected of us is to take the lessons that we learn in the Masonic lodge and use them in the outside world

We do not use “profane” in the modern sense of insulting, offending language behavior or person.

You will not leave the profane world by becoming a mason - rather you will be in a position to improve the world by first improving yourself

hfmm97

Premium Member
Mark,

[Spanish translation for courtesy]
Los Francmasones utilizan el palabra “profano” en un forma muy diferente en que se utilice hoy día entre los que no son francmasones...

Los francmasones utilizan el definición de “profano” en el sentido original derivado del idioma latín “pro” (fuera de) + “fanus” (templo) En otros palabras, lo que tenemos que hacer con lo que aprendemos en la logia masónica y usarlo en el vida diaria.

No usamos el palabra “profano” en el uso moderno de ser ofensivo o insultando (persona, comportamiento etc.)

No dejarás el mundo profano por ser iniciado como mason - estarás en una posición para mejorar el mundo “profano” por primeramente mejorando a Ud mismo.