My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tmrc

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
No dice if...you are...

"Currently in treatment for cancer or tuberculosis"

or

"Those who have severe hearing, speech or sight impairments"

Square Well?

Mac

Premium Member
I have only heard about TMRC, and I never knew what it really was. It didn't concern me too much at my age, but I appreciated the pamphlet.

Does anyone know much about the program?

relapse98

Square Well?

Its a "retirement center" and not a "nursing home".

Hermann Sons does the same thing with their retirement home in Comfort "be in good health in the professional opinion of the Grand Physician"

I think with the cancer and tuberculosis, the stats of the people coming to them with cancer... the odds of getting better and being able to actually live some time in the center are probably not great. Tuberculosis.. I don't know enough to comment.

Same thing with the vision/hearing, they are a retirement center where you are expected to be somewhat self sufficient. If you need care from a nurse type, they probably aren't where you want to be.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Playing devils advocate....does TMRC get funding from the Grand Lodge of Texas?

No. TMRC is fully funded by the Texas Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, and donations.

BTW, I agree with the others. TMRC is not a nursing home, it is a retirement center that cares for you until death. My wife and I will be there Lord willing in about 30 years! We are going to take the "asset liquidation" approach...

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
My wife and I have talked seriously about retiring there also. I can't think of a better place to live out my last years.