My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Trouble

Payne

My wife blew the engine in her 2003 dodge a few months ago. So for the last few months. I have been trying to get a loan for a new engine with no luck. I've been denied, so what I'm asking is do you guys know any place to get a loan for a Brother with less than perfect credit? I want to get it fix for her for Christmas.

LRG

Premium Member
Go to a security finance-you see these types begging to loan out money for somesort of collateral and high interst rates.

you could also try a salvage yard.

wish you luck

Payne

Thanks security finance does not loan out the amount needed and I don't want to scrap the truck.

Payne

Oh Bro. LRG I misunderstood. Any I have been to the scrap yards most want only a few hundred less than it would cost for a new motor. But Thank You for advice.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i do not want to be negative, but there may not be an easy answer to this one, brother.

banks and other money lenders that serve those with less than perfect credit are not typically ones that i could recommend to a brother and consider good counsel.

i definitely understand, as i myself have "less than perfect credit" and it's taking me years to undo a couple things that i did...

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I don't have any new info on a loan source. But I will give some advice on the engine, get a good one. I replaced a blown engine in one of our trucks a few years back. For various reasons, I went the cheap route and got a refurbished (or a word to that effect) engine. One year later, it blew again, just after the warranty had expired.

A few months later I spoke with a family friend who runs a parts house, and he never advises a refurbished engine (and won't sell them). He says the replacement parts they use aren't worth a dang.