twitter

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by Txmason, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Hi everyone!

I just updated to the Apple iOS 5 for my iphone 4 and found that you can put twitter on your phone. I would like to use it to follow anything and everything Masonically related. I am not sure how to work twitter or whom or what to follow. I would graciously appreciate any and all help getting started and who or what to follow. is it worth using twitter? Is there a large Masonic twitter community?

Best,
    Bro. Jerry Johnston
    "Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing."

2. mrpesas

mrpesas Registered User

Twitter is pretty good, but I have not found too much in the way of Masonry. To follow/mention specific people you put the @ in front of their name (my twitter account is @mrwaitsclass - I'm a school teacher). To search a topic you look for a hash tag, the # sign. But that same hash tag has to be used by other people. So, if I posted "at stated mtg #mason", you could search #mason and my "tweet" would show up. But like I said, I have not found much about Masonry on twitter.

3. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

I have Twitter on my iPhone4...but I am not a twitter user, just haven't had a need for it.

4. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

@Mike

Bro. Mike,

Is the photo of the Masonic ring an actual ring? Where can I get one like to or where can I get it made?

Bro. Kerry

5. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

Its actually a wall plate made from cut steel.

6. mrpesas

mrpesas Registered User

Twitter is also easier to use on a computer or tablet/iPad, than a phone. I like using twitter.com and hootsuite.com to browse through posts and search twitter.

7. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

@MikeMay

Bro. Mike,

Can I buy one of those? Can I be made for a trailer hitch cover or key fob like what is made at the prison?

Share My Freemasonry