UGLE Suspends recognition of Grand Lodge of Albania

Discussion in 'International Freemasonry' started by Scoops, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Hmmmmmm....

3. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

To be pedantic, suspension was in March. Withdrawal this week.

This was discussed in Spain amongst Grand Lodge representatives during their Grand Lodge sessions in March. We were informed that Albania formed lodges in Kosovo contrary to an agreement when Albania was founded. Albania then entered into an agreement in Belgrade to withdraw those lodges. Instead, we were informed they secretly formed more lodges. Albania advises they finally withdrew the Lodges in January 2018. However, it was too little too late.

Note, an irregular grand lodge was formed in Kosovo in February of this year.

Most US Grand lodges are not in amity with Albania.

Bro. Stewart P.M. and chrmc like this.
  4. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Thank you for the clarifications Bro Glen, I was hoping you'd come in on this.

It makes me sad that brothers won't stand by an agreement they made, although I understand the political sensitivities of the region as my brother and his partner were posted to the British mission in Kosovo a few years back.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. YHWH

YHWH Registered User

UGLE instead installs "Districts across the Channel", ie Logge in other national jurisdictions: is not this a violation of national sovereignty of a Grand Lodge?

Share My Freemasonry