My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visit to Oriental Lodge #87 A.F.&A.M. in Denver Colorado

C_Cabra

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to share some photos of the Oriental Lodge #87 in Downtown Denver Colorado. It is one of the most beautiful lodges I have had the pleasure to attend a meeting at.

The photos are kind of bad because I took them with my camera phone. The stone work on the outside of the building is awesome. They have several lodge rooms and the main Lodge room is huge with a balcony and a choir box.

I was able to see three MM proficiencies turned in as well as the floorwork for the EA FC and MM opening and the closing of a MM FC and EA lodge.

This Lodge opens at the lowest degree for stated meetings depending on who the lowest degree present is. Tonight it was opened on a EA degree.

Something this lodge also does that I would like to carry home to discuss with brethren in my own lodge is that it requires petitioners (without a Master Mason to vouch for them that have known them for more than a year) to attend 6 months of stated meeting dinners and other social functions that don't require a tiled lodge before they vote on the petition. I think this is a great idea to guard the west gate.

Here is the link to the photos I took.

http://denvermasonictemplephotos.shutterfly.com/

J

JEbeling

That was great.. ! its always interesting to see lodges outside the State of Texas.. !