My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your Lodge focus on?

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
they need to stop asking the Masons how to bring in their grandchildren and ask the young Masons on how to bring in their friends and brothers.

Yeah, giving a nickel was a heck of allot in their time but know it will not even by bubble yum. lol
Your statement Brother Dave is that smack you in your face wisdom, in that membership could be helped greatly if we just simply work together young and old! I think we even mention something in our degrees about dwelling in unity and how powerful it is, wonder why we do not practice it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I think we even mention something in our degrees about dwelling in unity and how powerful it is, wonder why we do not practice it?

Psalms 133:1 "Behold, how good and how pleasant [it is] for brethren to dwell together in unity!"

I didn't mean to come across so blunt in my earlier post, but we are going to have be smarter if we expect to reverse current trends. I guess the statement kind of goes hand-in-hand with one I made months earlier about a possible resolution that Committees should be fill their annual vacant spots with sitting WM's each year at Grand Lodge, while spots that may become vacant during the year still being filled with a PM. But it's a way to make sure to keep fresh blood on the Committees and getting some of the younger brothers involved early. But it's not meant to be a slam against GL, it's just what seems to me a common sense approach to a problem. There is still a lot for us younger Masons to learn from our more experienced brethren, but I think there are still valuable things we could teach them as well.

Plus, getting younger Masons involved at the GL level could also have the same effect that we have witnessed at the Lodge level. An eager young brother who's hungry for more light invigorates those around him. So to paraphrase from Jerry Maguire, "Help us, help you."

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
My lodge focuses on building its reputation as a lodge known for well executed ritual work. Nothing more, nothing less. :thumbdown:

Jamesb

We have switch our focus from "Fund-Raising" to "Fun Raising" and we have found that more people come for the fun and help with the funds then come for the funds and have fun.

M

mark!

We have switch our focus from "Fund-Raising" to "Fun Raising" and we have found that more people come for the fun and help with the funds then come for the funds and have fun.

This is something my lodge has started doing. Making that transition between the older type lodge to a newer, more branched out lodge. We do however strive to keep form and rituals in tact, we simply can't just pass them by, we must stay true to our history, afterall that's what got us here. Here recently our new WM is working to keep charity work high and keeping things fun and enjoyable. I think a balance of both is necessary.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I hope JTM doesn't whack my pee-pee for hijacking this thread, but I feel the Vanguard Award helps a Lodge to be well-rounded instead of just focusing on ritual or fund-raising or the like. Check out the requirements- there's a little bit of everything that a Lodge should be doing. To me, that's one of the beauties of Freemasonry- there's a place for every Brother, regardless of whether he prefers Masonic education or fellowship, serving as WM or keeping the lawn mowed. It takes all of us, with our various talents & interests, to keep a Lodge vibrant & growing.

M

mark!

Bill, I agree. It takes folks from all walks of life to make the lodge go round. We have many talents that are in our lodge, and those talents should be taken advantage of for the betterment of the lodge and community. It always helps also because usually those who are interested in certain things and excel in certain areas stand up and take on tasks in their interest fields.

peace out

Premium Member
I go to my first lodge meeting as an MM next week. I know what I like to focus on, I just hope I can channel my interests towards the lodge to the betterment of all.