My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I like about the Shrine

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
well, no one seems to care, as long as you look like an up right mason, and can generate money for the childrens home, shriners hospital,and can bring them in for the i chip program, everyone up to the grand lodge looks the other way, i keep being told that it could drag out for years, and cost the lodge tons of money to get this brother out. although he has a nice facebook page that shows all his good deeds, but doesnt reflect his personal life, and how he loves to beat his wife an inch from her life. but everyone in our town and other lodges know who he is and how he is, so now our lodge cant get but a couple people from another lodge to help with degree work, and now we are barely opening business meetings,because no one wants to be associated with him or the lodge while this brother is still there. or his clandistine bike club. no one all the way to the grand lodge down to the WM, GMDD, area GMDD or other members of our lodge want to rock the boat, those of us who has gone threw the steps by our grand lodges instructions are paying for it.......... im at the point they can turn the lights off and lock the doors....................
So, file charges

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
No clauses in your Const. to deal with such a brother ? In ours. a WM can refuse entry to anyone who will disturb the harmony of the lodge - never seen it done, but I've seen WMs willing to do it..
The common rule in the US is that a member in good standing may attend his own lodge. There may be differences.

Bloke

Premium Member
I checked - it's "visitor". Our GL Const;

200. The Master of every individual warranted Lodge has the power to refuse admission to any visitor whose presence he has reason to believe will disturb the harmony of the Lodge.

but
If any brother behaves in Lodge in such a manner as to disturb the harmony of the Lodge, he shall be formally admonished by the Master; and if he persists in his irregular conduct he shall be punished by further admonition, fine, or suspension for the remainder of the meeting, according to the opinion of the majority of the members present, or the case may be reported to the Board of General Purposes to be dealt with by its Complaints Committee.