My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is going on?

OES513

Its music...jay z has people thinking he is a Mason......I tell people its not for u if u want in over night.......them r the ones who want info....if someone mentioned they have been intrested for some years and I truly feel they r serious I will lead a lady to the East....but I really grill them before I do lead or direct

Freemason Connect Mobile

AnthonyPomilia357

While the myth of being invited may be one reason for the influx. I have noticed quite a few young men approaching me about membership. The common theme seemed to be they were all into hip hop and rap music. After a little digging I discovered these idiot rappers claiming to be Masons and Illuminati talking about Big Secrets and such. I even saw a video with one of these clowns (my apologies to any shrine clowns out here) wearong an apron like a bandits mask.
I could do without these guys as Brothers.

Freemason Connect Mobile

I've seen the apron bandit guy as well! On YouTube, correct? What a moron. Probably just some crazy conspiracy nut that bought a Masonic apron off a random website that distributes regalia. So sad..

Fellowcraft from Metamora/Hadley Lodge No. 210 of the GL of MI

Bro. Vincent

I've seen the apron bandit guy as well! On YouTube, correct? What a moron. Probably just some crazy conspiracy nut that bought a Masonic apron off a random website that distributes regalia. So sad..

I believe you to be 100% accurate. As far as Jay-z is concerned I have no idea of his membership. But knowing his upbringing with a group called Nuwabians in Brooklyn he is well versed in what the craft is about...

That doesn't mean anything as far as membership but I have seen some things in some of his videos that could be considered "signs". Jay is a very smart person. And what we all know is sometimes the unknown and the controversial sells records.

To be honest I could careless. I understand most of my travels will be alone and because of that it is of no interest to me...

... Because it is the internal qualifications of a man and not the external...

Freemason Connect Mobile

AnthonyPomilia357

I believe you to be 100% accurate. As far as Jay-z is concerned I have no idea of his membership. But knowing his upbringing with a group called Nuwabians in Brooklyn he is well versed in what the craft is about...

That doesn't mean anything as far as membership but I have seen some things in some of his videos that could be considered "signs". Jay is a very smart person. And what we all know is sometimes the unknown and the controversial sells records.

To be honest I could careless. I understand most of my travels will be alone and because of that it is of no interest to me...

... Because it is the internal qualifications of a man and not the external...

Freemason Connect Mobile

Very well said. Also, I doubt that he is a brother. I've seen a picture of him with a WM lapel pin, in which Jay-z's head could've easily been "photo-shopped" onto someone else's body. Also, think about it, Jay-z doesn't have the time to be WM!

dfreybur

Premium Member
... our fraternity is about quality, not quantity.

That depends on your position I say. In the end I suggest it's both not either.

As an individual Mason each of us needs to focus on our own quality to make one good man better. Be today better in some way than we were yesterday and build excellence a bit at a time across the years.

As a officer of a lodge and/or a member of a degree team we take on the task of making new Masons. That starts down the road of quantity by getting the candidates through the pipeline before they lose interest. Once in the east it becomes our job to organize activities of the lodge and that percolates directly or indirectly to publicity. One of the several measures of such for a year in the east is the number of degrees.

Moving to the grand line it becomes even more about the size of our population. More members, larger budget, more activities.

To me quality and quantity form a feedback loop not an either-or competition.

JGMarto PM

I see your point on striving for both.

However, my strong opinion is we should not sacrifice one just for the sake of the other. We can make good men better. We can't make bad men good.

Joe Martoccio PM
Hazle Azalea Fellowship lodge #327
Hazleton Pennsylvania

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
There certainly has been an influx of new potential brothers on the forums. Has a new movie or novel been released that I did not hear about. I wonder why the increase in interest all of a sudden. I welcome it, but was wondering. :confused:

Freemason Connect Mobile

The main reason is our new mobile apps which are 5 star rated and free :) The push notifications also keep Brethren notified of new posts and replies without having to visit the site.

Freemason Connect Mobile

JGMarto PM

I must say. If it were not for the mobile app I woild never have found this awesome site.

Joe Martoccio PM
Hazle Azalea Fellowship lodge #327
Hazleton Pennsylvania