What moves you to be a Freemason?

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by markme_28, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Brandon T Cole ᎡᏙᎰᎢ

Brandon T Cole ᎡᏙᎰᎢ Registered User

I am a Latter-day Saint. A big thing that we focus on is improving ourselves by developing Christlike attributes (eg patience, charity, diligence, wisdom, etc).

When I first contacted my local lodge, the main thing that piqued my interest was learning of the goal of making good men better.

I felt that this went hand-in-hand with my own religious goals and values.

I then learned that Freemasons make efforts to improve their communities through acts of service. Again, this went hand-in-hand with my faith.

The other enticing aspect of the Craft to me is that, almost anywhere I can go, I'll always be able to depend on the brothers who may be near me (whether my car breaks down, I get lost, or need a place to stay for the night); however, I would exhaust every other available avenue and option before imposing myself on someone else's charity.

These are the reasons why I became a MM; also, the weekly free food doesn't hurt.

Sent from my XT1094 using My Freemasonry mobile app

LK600, Warrior1256 and Bloke like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Lol!

3. BullDozer Harrell

BullDozer Harrell Registered User

Right on!

LK600 likes this.
  4. afrah

afrah Registered User

Sorry, I write in English , but Google somehow translates in Russian. I noticed that in men, the masons have one thing in common is certainly the intellect

5. Warrior1256

Is that a compliment or a put down? Lol!

Bloke likes this.
  6. afrah

afrah Registered User

Of course it's in a good way it's a compliment. I had a friend Mason and I was in love with him because he was intelligent and intellectual

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Warrior1256

I was just kidding....and thank you for the compliment!

Bloke likes this.

Share My Freemasonry