My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats changed since you became a Mason

scottmh59

Have you noticed a change in the way you act towards others,or just in general since you have become a mason?

Somethings you do are just habit,like saying bless you when someone sneezes,or holding the elevator when you see a person hurrying to get on.But what has "become" a habit since being a mason? Has anyone told you they have noticed something different about the way you are?.. Have you lost weight? Did you get a new haircut? Is that a new shirt? Something that they just cant place their finger on,and yet the difference is obvious.

Since i have become a mason the first thing i noticed about myself was my attitude towards others.In the past i very much had a "don't talk to me,i wont talk to you'' outlook,and didn't want to be bothered by anyone because i was too busy or just didn't care. But from the first day i walked into the lodge, i was shown nothing but kindness,and friendship.Every person i walked up to stopped what they were doing,got up "if they were seated" shook my hand and told me it was a pleasure to make my acquaintance.Never before have i seen this type of attitude any where,but of course i wasn't looking. Maybe I'm not too busy to say hello,or ask someone how they are doing.Maybe i do care that someone needs help moving,or needs help painting their house. I know that these little things seem like they should just be second nature and I'm sure for some they are. But for me it was definitely something i found when i became a mason that has changed the way i see life and others around me. There is nothing i wouldn't do for any of my brothers if they needed help and i know with out even thinking about it that there is nothing they would not do for me.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I pray all the time now for anything and everything. I used to pray when and how I was told then I stopped all together now I will pray to God to help me find a tool in my messy shed or keep a traffic light green along with all the usuall purposes I find my self praying or should I say "asking" all the time.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
I don't know that I have changed any as far as people being able to see it, but I have noticed a small change in my attitude, or the way I see some things. I enjoy and appreciate the greetings by "old and new" Brothers at my home Lodge, and others I go to. This makes me feel good, and I in turn notice I try to be the same way to others visiting etc. My Instructor <patting myself on back> told me many had said I had always been a Mason, I just needed to get in a Lodge. I was raised to treat others with respect, to give when others needed it, or when I had plenty. It was just a way of life for me. When I became a Peace Officer, my Uncle Ralph who was an Old Law Man told me to always treat others as I would want to be treated in the same situation. That alone earned me a lot of respect anong the crooks I had to deal with. It also earned me respect among my peers. I just know that I look forward to each day, and hope there is some way I can help someone else, whether it be a Brother, or someone else in need. I do find myself actually enjoying being in church more so now, as I can relate a lot of the Bible amd Masonry. I was raised a little over a year ago, and I am still excited about being a Master Mason!

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
1. I hold my tongue a lot more than I used to, for better or for worse.

2. I now have somewhere to go Monday and Thursday nights.

3. I have awesome friends who don't get me in trouble.

4. With all this drama, I have no reason to watch soaps.:p

T

Taurus27

It's not something I think about too much.
I guess when I "asked", I was greeted very quickly and I'd have to say, that whatever good qualities I have/had, stood me in good standing when the ballot was cast. The people I knew when I was being Initiated amazed me.
Evidently, being from a small town, people get to know you through one thing or another and I play a 'little" sport, which, when I do well, it gets mentioned on our sports radio on a Saturday morning so having been mentioned "once or twice" my name probably rang a bell with a few when the ballot was cast.
Man.........I would NEVER live in a big city again.
I've always said on departing from friends......'be good", so I figure my heart has always been in the right place and basically, I care about the welfare of others.

What has changed since I became a Freemason?
I probably am more tolerant of people, especially nut drivers.