My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does he get off....

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
The point I was trying to make is that we need to make sure that they don't want to be saved or are not willing to work toward being saved before we lock their doors. If they do want to be saved & need help I think it is our duty to do what we can for them.

I could not agree more on helping a Lodge in arrears or in any distress for that matter but do they not have a responsibility to ask for that help if they have not already received it?
When I am working on my car and need help, my Uncle does not call me to check if I need help I have to call him and ask for that help. I know this is a stretch to compare to age old Masonic lodges and their demisel but is the principle not the same?

owls84

Premium Member
Not to kill this discussion but just recieved word.

All of the Lodges have paid their Annual Returns. One Lodge has a bad check, but they are handling it.

This is the word I got from the Grand Secretary. This does not mach what a DDGM told me or what the Grand Secretary was eluding to last week or during his last Secretary School. But it is what it is. No Lodges are in arrears.