My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where would you go?

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
A group of Brothers from Panther city went over seas last Masonic year somewhere in England I believe and they saw a MM degre performed there and they also did a MM degree Texas style from what I hear it was a blast and a great time was had by all. This was a really a neat idea and I wondered where I would like to go and hands down it would be Scottland to Kilwinning Lodge or there abouts, I have ansectors from that Lodge and would love a visit and see there MM degree.

Which Jurisdiction would you loove to go to or whihc have you been and recomend and why?

JBD

Premium Member
Rhit - Just a couple of tweaks

Panther City did send a delegation to London. We have a member who is the current WM of America Lodge in London and they were celebrating their 100th anniversary. Panther City members were invited to attend.

Also at the same time there was a celebration going on at the United Grand Lodge of England temple in downtown London. There Panther City put on an exemplary MM degree "Texas" style for the English brothers to see and they used some American Masons who were there to fill certain roles. The pictures of the UGLE are unbelieveable and this was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Let me know when you are going to Scotland - I would like to go there as well.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
There are some Scottish brothers who will be putting on a degree at the Elgin lodge some time in the near future. Kilts and all.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
A group of Brothers from Panther city went over seas last Masonic year somewhere in England I believe and they saw a MM degre performed there and they also did a MM degree Texas style from what I hear it was a blast and a great time was had by all. This was a really a neat idea and I wondered where I would like to go and hands down it would be Scottland to Kilwinning Lodge or there abouts, I have ansectors from that Lodge and would love a visit and see there MM degree.

Which Jurisdiction would you loove to go to or whihc have you been and recomend and why?

turkey. i wanna see how they do it there in the muslim world.

JBD

Premium Member
Apparently not, Wingnut.
There were RA in the group and some that were not. I don't know if this was because of the invitation or it is normal.

Wingnut

Premium Member
I keep getting different answers on this. Folks from the Commandry stated in our last blue lodge meeting you had to have Chapter to go visit. Some said no, you have to have Chapter and Council. I just wanna go see a degree if I can ever afford it. Ive contacted the webmaster of the UGLE site (talk about a GL Fail!)

JBD

Premium Member
I keep getting different answers on this. Folks from the Commandry stated in our last blue lodge meeting you had to have Chapter to go visit. Some said no, you have to have Chapter and Council. I just wanna go see a degree if I can ever afford it. Ive contacted the webmaster of the UGLE site (talk about a GL Fail!)

Nut...um I mean Mr. Wing.....

I will get you the answer. Like I said the WM of America Lodge is in my Lodge I'll just call and ask him. I will try to get the answer for you today.

UPDATE: He is out of town should be home this afternoon.

JBD

Premium Member
Wingnut -

Here is the answer. Your Commandery boys are dead wrong -
Per the WM of America Lodge all that is required is a Dues Card - and an EA degree. All work is done in the EA unless they are doing a Masters degree. HE said you will need to know enough to prove you are a Mason.

So we have dispelled one Myth.

Ben Rodriguez

I'd like to see a degree in a Mexico lodge one day, or any Spanish speaking country. So I could compare my English work to their Spanish work as well, being that I am bilingual. So one day when I have the money, time and resources I will visit a Mexican lodge.