My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why jehova witness hate us so much?????

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
My problem is the trickery. If you want to try and get me to convert to your faith, and i say I'm not interested don't hide your info in a another pamphlet. To me that shows weakness.

Oh I agree with you 100%...me I am a Mason, and so I must take care of the weak and those less fortunate than I, and so I lead by example. I keep an open my mind and listen to what they have to say; if they do not give me my turn to speak and pay me the same respect of also keeping an open mind, then I know they aren't, as individuals, someone who is worth my time conversing with. When it comes to the JWs I have to keep my judgement based on the individual, their delivery, and their willingness to also listen and learn. I judge someone by their own actions, not by my own generalized view of what their religion means to me. Not every JW will hide a pamphlet in your back pain brochure, but in fairness to your point I have met a few that would... just like I have met some raised Masons go around asking people to join, and I have met those that would like to have the same brought up on Masonic charges for asking....its just people being people....

rmcgehee

I am in an unique position.I have been a Mason over 30 years and my wife is Going to a JW Temple.Her "religion" is her business and my Masonry is mine.She will NOT convert me,no way,no how.

dfreybur

Premium Member
So ........... if I were to stick a big plaque of the Square and Compasses outside when I answer the door.

Are you saying we could cut through the small talk and get straight to the goodbyes?

I have just discovered more wages of a master mason.

:sneaky2:

I had no idea the JW disapprove of Masonry. I just told them I am already a devout man and I am quite happy with my religion as it is. They started walking past my door. I'd greet them if they passed while I was out gardening. I don't have any idea if it was the S&C on my car or the fact that the local group happened to speak Spanish and I answered in English.

Mason653

I love some of their tactics. They usually will ask if I'm having trouble sleep due to back problems. I say no. They say "well check this pamphlet out, just in case" I say "ok" then I proceed to open the pamphlet and low and behold, there it is, sandwiched in between the other pamphlet. " Are you aware that the rapture is eminent?" Why trick someone into that?

LMAO! They do use tricky tactics like that!

Yours Truly 357

Freemason Connect Mobile

tldubb

Premium Member
Freemasonry only ask us to believe in God/Deity. That we don't have to be of any particular religion but to be religious in our daily devotion to our creator. " belief in the brotherhood of man and the fatherhood of God " Religion scares me or rather organize type does(sometimes). Truth is the truth, it's our journey and as human beings we take different paths to the same destination.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
You know, I have never once had a JW stop in on my place - never once.

My truck is parked right out front with so many Masonic and Army stickers and whatnot on it that I'm wondering if it has acted as a ward ;)

SDJob278

I grew up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are good people. There message really isn't saying anything wrong. They dont hate us, for I am a Master Mason as well, its just that they are very conservative and very "by-the-book." They don't believe in symbolism and serving more than one master. I stepped away from the religion onky because I became fed up with the idea of denominations and religions. I really hate the idea of diffrent affiliations amongst Masons. Seperation amongst any people causes problems.

Traveling Light

bupton52

Premium Member
I grew up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are good people. There message really isn't saying anything wrong. They dont hate us, for I am a Master Mason as well, its just that they are very conservative and very "by-the-book." They don't believe in symbolism and serving more than one master. I stepped away from the religion onky because I became fed up with the idea of denominations and religions. I really hate the idea of diffrent affiliations amongst Masons. Seperation amongst any people causes problems.

Traveling Light

I grew up a JW too!!

Freemason Connect Mobile

SDJob278

So you already know. :) Its just so much miscommunication and everybody standing up for their belief which they're entitled to. We are blessed/cursed with free will and thought

Traveling Light