My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would your lodge like to have a US Flag, flown in Afghanistan?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Woah woah woah. This is about flags being flown in Afghanistan and their availability to American lodges. Stay on topic. If you want to discuss the legitimacy of the war on terror, please take it to a new thread.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Off topic posts will continue to be deleted. Make a new thread if you'd like to discuss that topic. If you'd like a copy of your posts to include in a new thread, I can give you that.

LukeD

I've only been a member of this forum for a short time, and looked forward to the chance to get on here and soak up new knowledge and connect with people from almost every part of the Masonic family. Conversations do have a tendency to get off topic, it is the nature of communication. It has become obvious that in almost every post, geeksgalore has created tensions, and gone beyond what I would call a debate. Everything is centered around being anti American, anti military, anti Texan, and even some questionable threads about the Holy Bible. And yes brother, I would love to have an American Flag.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Woah woah woah. This is about flags being flown in Afghanistan and their availability to American lodges. Stay on topic. If you want to discuss the legitimacy of the war on terror, please take it to a new thread.

Off topic posts will continue to be deleted. Make a new thread if you'd like to discuss that topic. If you'd like a copy of your posts to include in a new thread, I can give you that.

Bro. JTM thanks for calling a halt to all that. I do apologize for my part in this mess. As Brother Luke said, conversations do have a tendency to get off topic, and unfortunately, I fell victim to that cause things really struck a nerve. I did think twice that this thread was about the flags, but it left my mind pretty quickly as I was more focused on responding to what was going on. I am sorry for that. Again, thank you for calling a stop to this JTM as it was obviously too emotionally trying for some of us to just sit back and ignore. Bro. Luke's statements are totally correct.

In the spirit of the ORIGINAL topic of this thread, I would like to obtain one of these flags if there are any left. A Brother in my original lodge lost his son (who was also a Brother) in Afghanistan not too long ago. I think that it would be a nice gift to the lodge as a memorial for him. Thank you making these flags available. I will send the starter of the thread a PM.

cemab4y

Premium Member
I am back in the USA, for a short break, and to complete some additional medical exams, get a new ID card, etc. I will be returning to Afghanistan, in a couple of weeks. If you (or your lodge) want a US (or Canadian) flag, or you have previously ordered one, and not yet received it, please contact me.