My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite Bodies

Tyler Atkinson

I live in Georgia and was wanting to know if it was possible to do one body at a time or do you have to take all the degrees at once.

chrmc

Talk to your local York Rite and see what they say. Most of them offer individual degrees.
I'd personally suggest that as it gives you a chance to understand the degree in greater depth and appreciate it rather than drinking from the water hose.

Tyler Atkinson

Talk to your local York Rite and see what they say. Most of them offer individual degrees.
I'd personally suggest that as it gives you a chance to understand the degree in greater depth and appreciate it rather than drinking from the water hose.
I agree

Companion Joe

Premium Member
It's entirely up to the YR bodies in your area. The reason most degrees are conferred in a festival setting is because of the number of cast members to do the work. It's rare to find individual bodies who can do all the work by themselves. Even when we do them outside of festivals, it's never one at a time.
Just recently, we conferred Mark Master/Past Master/Most Excellent Master one night. We will come back later and do the Royal Arch degree by itself. We'll follow that with the two Council degree at one time, the first two Commandery orders at one time, and Order of the Temple by itself.