Your cartoon or comic book superhero.

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by cog41, Nov 1, 2011.

1. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

As a kid, who was your favorite cartoon or comicbook superhero?
    Yes, I know some had to walk a mile to school and work till sundown but come on.
    Who?

2. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

I liked Captain America and Ironman.

I still remember around early 70's my Mom throwing away my brother's collection of Spiderman comics. WoW!

3. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

I always enjoyed those also. I also loved the X-Men and Spawn. I quit the comic book thing for a long time and then one of my friends introduced me to the "The Walking Dead". Great series and was so happy when they made it into a TV show.

4. LCWebb

LCWebb Premium Member

Batman, hands down.

5. Silver

Silver Registered User

Darkhawk, he was always the underdog.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  6. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

Mine? As a kid, it was Captain America and the Avengers...now, its still Calvin and Hobbs.

7. khilles

khilles Registered User

Superman

8. Preston DuBose

Preston DuBose Registered User

X-Men (especially Nightcrawler)
    Daredevil
    Spider Man

As a little kid I also liked Underdog and Mighty Mouse.

9. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

I've always been interested in comic books but never had any friends who were into them. As an adult, (31) I'd like to try getting into them. Any suggestions? I do pick up a MAD magazine once in a while.

Best,
    Bro. Jerry Johnston

10. cog41

cog41 Premium Member

Try and look up a comics shop near you. If you can't find a comics shop/store , you may ask a local book store/dealer where and how you might find one.

11. Preston DuBose

Preston DuBose Registered User

A lot of public libraries are getting in on the act. If you never got into comics then they're all new to you. Why not start with some bound collections of classic issues? That way you can get a feel for what you like and what you don't without spending any money. Comics are really expensive these days.

Digital comics are also making inroads. Try downloading the Comics app by Comixology for your mobile phone. It's surprisingly good. If you have an ipad, so much the better. You can also try http://comics.drivethrustuff.com/ to buy PDFs of popular comics.

12. Travelinglight357

Travelinglight357 Registered User

THOR was always my favorite from Marvel. Superman on the DC side

13. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Sargent Rock!

My dad said he walked through driving snow storms, mud to his knees, wild bear attacks and nuclear air bursts at six thousand feet daily just to get to school. He claimed it was much worse on the way home.

I assured him I had little or no interest in suffering such peril and was therefore not inclined to get up in time to go to school. He said the education would make a better man out of me if I survived. The jury is still out.

:39:

14. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Bro. DuBose

Thank you for the recommendation on the comixology app. I checked it out and like it. Now I need to start reading something.

Has anyone ever drawn a comic about life in the 40s and 50s about being a gentlemen that talks about style life etc ?

15. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Has anyone ever written a comic about the 40s or 50s about men's fashions struggles etc?

16. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

Dick Tracy wore a fedora! There was some other block jawed dude in the funny pages each day. But I can't remember the cartoon's name. But, you can get a good idea by watching Ward and June in the kitchen on Leave It to Beaver.

Man, those thin ties slay me! White socks, thick-black rimmed glasses, and ankle baring slacks. Them was the days.

Curious ... how the hell did they all get home by 5 o'clock every afternoon?

Share My Freemasonry