Your Ring

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by stuntman98, Apr 28, 2013.

1. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Heading into the SR eh? I've seen that ring before. It's pretty nice.

My Freemasonry HD

2. BigDre357

BigDre357 Registered User

Yeah bro I am excited I actually passed up the opportunity to get it once before due to the treatment of some of my Caucasian brothers.... we were under a different grand body at that time things are way different now

SMIB /G\

3. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1380637164.570417.jpg ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1380637184.929251.jpg

My Freemasonry HD

4. brother josh

Little I think not i just got tgat ring it's massive

My Freemasonry

5. poweredbylight

poweredbylight Registered User

Hello Brothers.

Both of my rings.
    The "raw" steel/beaten ring I found on etsy.com, it is claimed to be old and vintage, but I cannot confirm or deny that. I don't mind that one taking a little bit of abuse.
    The gold ring I found at a local jeweler, and given the build and condition it seems to be from the 50's or 60's. It was picked up at an estate sale by the jeweler, so I'm assuming it was worn for years by a mason.

It's cool knowing that you're taking a ring from a fallen brother, and whoever he is, carrying it onto the next generation. It certainly gives it more meaning when wearing in my opinion.

I hope to pick up a "cheap" steel, titanium, or tungsten band with a more discreet square and compass in the future, for general purposes.

photo.jpg

6. broglover79

broglover79 Registered User

Greetings Bro Ben A
    I am a brother who is cautious. I am interested in what u said about a book you mentioned. When you get this can you inbox me the info or I can inbox you my number .

My Freemasonry

7. amhdive

amhdive Registered User

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1383699363.510844.jpg
    I have two: one for day to day wear and the other for events/lodge.

My Freemasonry

8. usmcvet

usmcvet Registered User

I say its your ring wear it the way you want. In college I was told to wear the school name, Norwich, so I could read it until graduation. I was then told to turn it out so others could read it. Lots of Masonic ties to Norwich. But people know what it is either way you wear it. Find what you like and run with it.

9. NavyMM

NavyMM Registered User

10. Bro Darren

Bro Darren Premium Member

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry1384239151.295969.jpg

I brought this one off eBay and it is sitting in my bed side draw until the appropriate time as to when I'm raised as a MM.

I like it as it's simple and not too flashy, just like me :)

My Freemasonry

11. brother josh

Nice hope u wear it with pride I'm sure you will

My Freemasonry

12. jrmorgan919

jrmorgan919 Registered User

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry1384304792.208044.jpg

My Freemasonry

13. Browncoat

Browncoat Registered User

Is it okay to purchase your ring before becoming a Master Mason? I realize it's inappropriate to wear something that hasn't been earned yet, but...I just stumbled upon a heck of a deal on eBay. It would be a shame to pass it up. Very sharp looking ring, and it gives me something to look forward to!

14. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Sure no harm in buying it. Like you said, can't wear it yet though.

My Freemasonry

15. Lowcarbjc

Lowcarbjc Registered User

This is one I have my eye on for one day once I'm raised. ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry1384480083.920915.jpg

My Freemasonry

16. Bridge2light

Bridge2light Premium Member

The late father-in-laws ring from the old Country.....
    IMG_20130721_144012_284.jpg

17. brother josh

Bridge to light that is so cool

SMIB

My Freemasonry

18. BigDre357

BigDre357 Registered User

Very nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

19. Bill Rose

Bill Rose Premium Member

20. Browncoat

Browncoat Registered User

I'm not a MM yet, but when I am, I hope to wear my ring all the time.

I say "hope" because I'm not a huge fan of wearing jewelry. I'm allergic to nickel, which is found in most jewelry, and gold especially is out of the question for me. Discovered that in high school when I ordered a very customized class ring and could never wear it. My wedding band is stainless steel, and even it bothers me on occasion. That said, my choice in Masonic rings is more limited, but I have still found a lot of styles that I like. In fact, I've narrowed it down to three sterling silver rings:

1.jpg

1. I like this one a lot. It has a very classic look, and the black makes the symbols really stand out. My only concerns with this one are the black wearing off over time, and the level symbol could be misidentified as...well, something else. There is a trowel symbol on the other side. About $200.

2.jpg

2. This one is similar, but more subdued. Trowel on one side, 3 pillars on the other. About $200. This is the one I'm leaning towards. No black to wear off, and no custom text, so it is something I could pass on to my son someday.

3.jpg

3. And finally, this one...which is about $300. The increased cost is because you can customize the text with your own lodge name and #.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013

Share My Freemasonry