Your Ring

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by stuntman98, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Tennessee Templar

Tennessee Templar Registered User

I use my ring finger on my right hand. My Yod ring on my pointing finger on my right hand.

Freemason Connect HD

2. Belcher

Belcher Registered User

3. barofdeath

barofdeath Registered User

Yes it's really a choice. It's tradition in my family to wear the points towards you ( the G facing uou). My dad said he and my grandfather wore it that way because the ring is there for 2 reasons.1. To identify you to others as a mason, and 2. To remind you of your obligation. In the end its a choice. Either way you're still a brother!

Freemason Connect HD

4. jharmon79

jharmon79 Registered User

Rings

I'm a newly Raised master mason and I'm looking to buy my first ring. I know I want either a stainless steel or tungsten ring. Just wanted to get some recommendations and ideas.

John S. Harmon

5. ej6267

ej6267 Registered User

Re: Rings

eBay has a lot of good choices at better prices than on Amazon, I've found. I got this one from Br. John Morrow's jemsby store there. I'm a retired deputy sheriff and I wanted an everyday ring that displayed my Masonic pride and the profession that I loved.
    IMG_0061_1.JPG

Freemason Connect HD

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  6. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I am not really sure how this thread went from Ring Discussion to being off-topic about Racism?? There is plenty of other areas where similar and moderated discussion can be conducted properly. Thanks!

Please Return Back On Topic!! ALL Other Discussion Have Been Removed!!

In total, some 30 plus off topic posts have been removed from this thread. This thread is now re-opened for further discussion!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

I was thinking the same thing this morning...

8. BigDre357

BigDre357 Registered User

I was just acknowledging a local brother and a couple of comments between us grew to other comments from other people the conversation was already done

SMIB /G\

9. Aeelorty

Aeelorty Registered User

Etsy has some cool stuff

10. barofdeath

barofdeath Registered User

Thank yoy bro. Stewart.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freemasonry mobile app

11. Trip

Trip Premium Member

Bringing the subject back. Here is a pic of my first ring my lady got me after I was raised. Not too much bling but it's a start. ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1379289089.456648.jpg

Freemason Connect HD

12. ericmps

ericmps Registered User

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1380217827.048424.jpg

I like mine because it isn't too flashy.

My Freemasonry HD

13. BigDre357

I was thinking about something similar for my wedding band when we get married

SMIB /G\

14. Bro. Kenneth Brown

Bro. Kenneth Brown Premium Member

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1380230722.841798.jpg

My everyday ring

Bro. Brown
    St. Paul Lodge #8

15. BroBook

BroBook Premium Member

My Freemasonry HD

16. BroBook

BroBook Premium Member

I like that

My Freemasonry HD

17. j_gimpy

j_gimpy Registered User

Unfortunately, my grandfather has gotten rid of all his Masonic jewelry, so this is the ring I'm going to get when I can afford it. It's from Gordon's Masonic Rings: ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1380231621.209705.jpg

Master Mason
    Phoenix Lodge #154
    Sumner, Washington

18. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

I don't have my masonic bible at work to reference but I do remember an explanation that your left ring finger is connected to your heart and your right ring finger is connected to your soul. There is more to it but it is escaping me right now.

@j_gimpy I like that ring.

I was looking at this one from jemsbyjem

[​IMG]

My current ring is this but the working tools do not stand out at all. You cannot see them unless you look right at the ring and up close. The image on the site is very misleading.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  19. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

I have seen the points facing in, primarily in northern states. In southern states, most men wear the ring with the points facing out. I believe that the direction of the man is more important than the direction of the ring.

20. BigDre357

Just received the call last night and If the Lord willing and nothing happens between now and December 7, 2013 this will be my next daily wear purchase and I can't wait View attachment 3610 1380498046962.jpg

SMIB /G\

Share My Freemasonry