Your Ring

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by stuntman98, Apr 28, 2013.

1. dew_time

dew_time Registered User

It looks cool but I can respect that its a PH thing.

Doug Jewell
    Entered Apprentice
    Reynoldsburg #340
    Ohio Grand Lodge of The F&AM

2. LittleHunter

LittleHunter Registered User

It's not exclusively a PH thing. I have my grandfather's ring, it's red. We belong to "mainstream" or "white" Masonry (we need better lingo, that all sounds so pre-civil rights era and so racist). Anyway, my grandfather is no longer around for me to ask him why he chose a red ring.

Freemason Connect Mobile

3. barofdeath

barofdeath Registered User

Yeah, that's kind of why I figured it was personal preference. Mine is blue, it was my grandfathers also. If it was rsd, I'd still wear it to honor him.

Freemason Connect Mobile

4. barofdeath

My masonic ring. It was my grandfathers.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Attached Files:

5. mkmulin

mkmulin Site Benefactor

I got a custom ring made; it's not the traditional S&C. ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377312189.087827.jpg ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377312206.475483.jpg ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377312228.201751.jpg

Freemason Connect HD

6. SteveR

SteveR Registered User

There are some beautiful rings on here. I've got a question, Brethren. Has any Brother gotten a ring tattooed on his finger? I've actually considered doing this, and if any Brother has...would love to see some pics of it!

7. Vikti

Vikti Registered User

I just got my ring the other day. Seeing as we're on the subject of rings, my wife is joining the OES next month and I'm wanting to get her either a ring or necklace and was hoping if a brother might be able to recommend a vendor that has something that doesn't look cheap (I've seen a lot of rings that look nice but the enameling for the star looks a little sloppy) nor cost me one or more house payments worth of cash. And said wife might kill me if I get her the one I'd like her to have and the preservation of life is winning out right now.

Take care brothers.

Freemason Connect HD

Attached Files:

8. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

This ring belonged to a Brother who was Raised in '39, and while I know his Masonic history, I don't know the history of the ring. I purchased it in '08.

ring.jpg

9. jwhoff

jwhoff Premium Member

I wear the masonic ring my father purchased in 1951, four months before my birth. It is red. The belief that this is Prince Hall is mistaken. Nor do I believe it to be emblematical of Scottish Rite (first three degrees) masonry. My father was raised in a blue lodge in Crowley, Louisiana. Not sure, but personal preference is more probable. I've seen blue, red, black, silver, and gold rings upon the hands of brethren from various jurisdictions through the years.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  10. FlBrother324

FlBrother324 Registered User

I have purchased several Masonic rings on eBay, with very good deals. I also purchased my wife's OES ring and other Masonic items through eBay.

You can get some really great deals there if you watch for the end time and slide in a bid just before it closes.

Make sure you Read, read, and re-read the item description before bidding, the pictures don't always show problems with items.

Best of luck Brother, hope it all works for you.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  11. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I would say that's a Masonic Firefighter's ring.

12. marty15chris

marty15chris Premium Member

I was all set to get a finger tattoo on my ring finger. I have to take my ring off on occasion when I work so I liked the idea of having a finger tattoo that my ring would cover but then would be easier seen with the ring off. The tattoo artist I talked to said the the work I wanted was too small and would blend into a big dot. Guess I'm going to have to get a bigger ring so I can cover a bigger tattoo or think of something else.

Freemason Connect HD

13. BigDre357

BigDre357 Registered User

This ring stays in a velvet bag in my safe patiently waiting for the day I can wear it which will hopefully be soon

SMIB /G\

Attached Files:

14. BigDre357

My daily Light the medallion is hand made I have never seen another one the guy has made some similar but not this exact one that I know of 1377438935434.jpg View attachment 3427

smib /g\

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Bro Mathews likes this.
  15. Rufus

Rufus Registered User

Wonderful medallion!!!

16. Brother JC

The previous owner was neither firefighter, nor police. Firefighters generally use the cross-shape found on their helmet badges.
    I've heard at least one historian claim that the shield represents an 18th-century style Apron, which were closer to this shape.

17. BigDre357

The shield is used for police officers

SMIB /G\

18. Rufus

Rufus Registered User

Here such an apron?

2efa69e4416a.jpg

Raymond Walters likes this.
  19. Brother JC

Raymond Walters likes this.
  20. barofdeath

I'd like to hace my ring tattooed on my finger. Unfortunately I have ink on all my fingers already. If you do it, post a picture! I'd like to see it.

Freemason Connect HD

Share My Freemasonry