Your Ring

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by stuntman98, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Gibson90kb

Gibson90kb Registered User

Inexpensive, subtle, and reminds me to keep square.
    ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1377745952.424344.jpg

Freemason Connect HD

2. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I usually wear this one.

Freemason Connect HD

Attached Files:

3. txtraveller

txtraveller Registered User

This one was my Fathers first and I also have my Grandfathers ring, the band worn thin. I wear mine with the Square and Compass facing me as a constant reminder.

Freemason Connect HD

Attached Files:

4. Syxx Williams

Syxx Williams Registered User

5. Chillimaru

Chillimaru Registered User

I hav a ?, is there a certain way the emblem is to worn or is it just my personal choice on which way the S&C are pointed, I'm only a month into being a Master Mason and I don't want to get called out on the way I wear my ring!!!!

Freemason Connect HD

6. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

You'll get many different answers to that question. It really boils down to just choice though.

Freemason Connect HD

7. Brother_Steve

Brother_Steve Premium Member

you could just say you put it on every morning and the gaotu determines which way the S/C points that particular day.

8. FlBrother324

FlBrother324 Registered User

Some say you have the S&C facing you: which is to remind you of your obligations. Others say facing away to let others know you are sharing the "Light" with them, and to show them you are a Mason and an upright person of Honor & integrity.
    I've not found one regulation governing how one should wear your ring, except you are to be a Master Mason to wear it. But alas, that is the guidelines set forth for us as Masons, which will not stop other non-masons (not worthy of such honor) from wearing them.
    I suggest you do what makes you feel best regarding how it' s worn.

May you be blessed with a glorious day!

Yours, in His service.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. Syxx Williams

My ring I love it to death but its my everyday ring

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. DJGurkins

DJGurkins Floresville #515 Premium Member

This is my everyday ring for now it is stainless steel.

Cant seem to get pic to upload

I am now using it for my Avitar

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  11. Brother JC

Brother JC Moderating Staff Staff Member

The direction of the ring as I learned it was to hold your hands in the MM way and imagine the S&C the way it was on the altar. When you are Installed in the East, you can turn it, as that is the only place in the Lodge you see the S&C from the other side.

12. Chillimaru

ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1378136755.211654.jpg I found this inexpensive ring for everyday wear until I make up my mind on what all I want on my custom ring, as I plan on going Scottish and York Rite as well and I don't want individual rings but one that will represent all 3!!!! This one was only $29

Freemason Connect HD

13. Chillimaru

ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1378137254.132670.jpg let's try this one lol

Freemason Connect HD

14. Chillimaru

Anyways it is just a black stainless steel band with a gold print of S$C's, perfect for everyday use!!!

Freemason Connect HD

15. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Ask around if there is a local rule or tradition about it. If so go with that. Any local rule will override advice by brothers across the world.

My mother jurisdiction has no rule so I asked if there was a local tradition. None. I asked around about non-local traditions and picked one I liked -

Put your hand flat out on a table. Picture the S&C as your hand was on it the most recent time as an MM. If the most recent time was taking your obligation it faced one direction. If the most recent time was giving an obligation it faced the other direction. I wore my MM ring one way until I had obligated my first brother then the other way until I got my first PM ring.

16. whittybarber

whittybarber Registered User

Iv always been told by the older brothers if you wear the s&c facing you it means your working on being a better mason. Iv had my ring on and Iv had masons come up and ask me if I was doing ok. They noticed my ring. I replied I'm always working on being a better mason!

Freemason Connect HD

17. Rufus

Rufus Registered User

Yes. not showing:sad:

18. Chillimaru

I tried both ways, taking a pic and then trying to upload from my pics, but through out this app I'm seeing pics not uploading so maybe it's not just me!!!

Freemason Connect HD

19. Chillimaru

Very good advice on all points, Thanks for the advice it is well taken!!!

Freemason Connect HD

20. Syxx Williams

my mason.jpg
    My pic wont upload edither

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

Share My Freemasonry