My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anti masonry

widows son

Premium Member
Catholics were threatened with excommunication if they joined freemasonry. Catholics excluded themselves from freemasonry, freemasons did not exclude Catholics. Skipper.

timgould

Coming into Masonry from within the Ministry took me YEARS. There is a lot of bad information out there. Mostly, from the Christian perspective, there is a big question about Freemasonry being a "cult". With the absence of counter information, these claims go unanswered and cause a lot of good men to stay away from Freemasonry. I know it did for me.
But, once I learned a very basic principle... that freemasonry is NOT a religious organization, but a secular fraternity that accepts, and upholds biblical morality, I found the organization very comfortable. I throughly enjoy it. I also tell every christian man I know, when they see my ring, or cap, and look at me with question, what freemasonry is all about.
We, as a group, in my opinion, need to embrass the questions. There is nothing to fear since we hold to Truth. Most things that are publicized as "questionable" are merely things not understood due to the antiquity of our fraternity. We do many things because of tradition and let's face it, many now a days don't see a lot of value to holding to tradition.

We are a fraterity. a LONG lasting fraternity with a rich tradition. We do things allorically for reasons known to us. It is part of our tradition. The best way to understand it, is to join and experience it. Then all the questions will be answered and fears will be dismissed. There is nothing about our fraternity to offend the moral conscience.

Last edited:

phulseapple

Premium Member
We are a fraterity. a LONG lasting fraternity with a rich tradition. We do things allorically for reasons known to us. It is part of our tradition. The best way to understand it, is to join and experience it. Then all the questions will be answered and fears will be dismissed. There is nothing about our fraternity to offend the moral conscience.
This is something the profane cannot fully understand through reading. They can read all the works by all the authors out there, but all that reading will not gain them the full understanding of what the Fraternity is REALLY about. It doesn't work that way, and was never designed to work that way.

widows son

Premium Member
I think he's getting the point, he hasn't really directly responded to any of our statements, cant process the info.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
Hey Skip:

You might want to rethink this thing out again as you have been told by many clergy and their wives whom sit on the SBC/HMB, you all have more pressing matters than trying to assassinate Freemasonry. How many SBC members do you think are Freemasons, verses the percentage that are not, slim pickings, huh?

And here's todays news...

From USA Today:

Religion in America Pew poll…

The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life released an analytic study today titled, Nones on the Rise, now that one in five Americans (19.6%) claim no religious identity.

This group, called "Nones," is now the nation's second-largest category only to Catholics, and outnumbers the top Protestant denomination, the Southern Baptists. The shift is a significant cultural, religious and even political change.

One in three (32%) are under age 30 and unlikely to age into claiming a religion, says Pew Forum senior researcher Greg Smith. The new study points out that today's Millennials are more unaffiliated than any young generation ever has been when they were younger.

"The rise of the Nones is a milestone in a long-term trend," Smith says. "People's religious beliefs, and the religious groups they associate with, play an important role in shaping their worldviews, their outlook in life and certainly in politics and elections."

Now I'll state again, don't you think your efforts should be directed elsewhere? Adios and vaya con dios ... :001_huh:

CajunTinMan

A small correction. In Louisiana we have quiet a few Catholics in the Lodge. But that wouldn't matter to Skip anyway because I stopped by E/511 just to check it out and on there I saw them attacking Catholics as being non-Christian. His ramblings aren't about enlightening anyone. It's about wanting to attack anything HE deosn't agree with. So I guess thats just another one of those places that "If you ain't us, you ain't right". I could care less what he thinks of me or what I do.

Last edited:

MarkR

Premium Member
He loves engaging in this type of debate. It's what he lives for. The best thing is just to ignore him.

T

T.N. Sampson

I saw them attacking Catholics as being non-Christian.
"them?"

I think you have mischaracterized my remarks. My criticisms are generally against organizations, not their adherents. As well, if the Catholic Church can state that those not baptised are condemned, I can take the opposing view. Freedom of speech, and all that. Cordially, Skip.

phulseapple

Premium Member
"them?"

I think you have mischaracterized my remarks. My criticisms are generally against organizations, not their adherents. As well, if the Catholic Church can state that those not baptised are condemned, I can take the opposing view. Freedom of speech, and all that. Cordially, Skip.

A case in point where you only pick and choose. The actual quote was
I stopped by E/511 just to check it out and on there I saw them attacking Catholics as being non-Christian.
So yes, "them" is accurate. Meaning you AND the other anti's at E511. Don't trip on your back peddling.

Last edited:
T

T.N. Sampson

The actual quote was
Nope, the actual quote was:
CajunTinMan said:
But that wouldn't matter to Skip anyway because I stopped by E/511 just to check it out and on there I saw them attacking Catholics as being non-Christian.
I wondered why he used the word 'them' when I was apparently the subject. I'm not really a 'them.'

But the point remains: I generally criticize organizations, not people. Cordially, Skip.

phulseapple

Premium Member
Nope, the actual quote was:I wondered why he used the word 'them' when I was apparently the subject. I'm not really a 'them.'

But the point remains: I generally criticize organizations, not people. Cordially, Skip.
No, you are not a them, as the pronoun you is singular. The them refers to you AND the other 3 members of E511. Collectively the four of you are a them. Since all of you were discussing the topic....simple grammar. But don't forget rhetoric, and logic as they are needed as well.

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
You lie a lot out of your teeth for a guy who's "mission" is for christ. I guess lying isn't included in your obscenities list

CajunTinMan

"them?"

if the Catholic Church can state that those not baptised are condemned, I can take the opposing view. Freedom of speech, and all that. Cordially, Skip.

Now you have just confused the crap out of me. Your argument against the Catholic Church is their requirement of Baptism to enter Heaven? You claim to be a Christian but take an opposing view to this? I could understand if you claimed to be Jewish or Muslim but you claim to be Christian and isn't that one of the tenants of the Christian faith? Have you found your own path to salvation Skip? Does the name David Koresh ring a bell? And yes I said "them" before. You and I both know it was the proper use of the word.