My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diversity

Randy81

Premium Member
That's odd that they'd only admit military guys. Especially in Oregon where there is no major bases to my knowledge. Well, Army anyways.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Sounds like a form of discrimination to me...
Looking at it this way it could be said that all of us discriminate because we do not allow women to join.
Really? how do you figure? every brother can attend thier meetings just cant be a member.

with your line of thinking the fact that we dont allow fellons to join the craft then we are discriminating against them.
I agree. All organizations have qualifications and restrictions on membership. No one is eligible to belong to all organizations.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
That's odd that they'd only admit military guys. Especially in Oregon where there is no major bases to my knowledge. Well, Army anyways.
there are 331,632 vets living in oregon as of Oct 2014. That s8% of the population. I dont know about other states but that seems like a lot. Ive never lived in a more military friendly area then Oregon.

Randy81

Premium Member
there are 331,632 vets living in oregon as of Oct 2014. That s8% of the population. I dont know about other states but that seems like a lot. Ive never lived in a more military friendly area then Oregon.
I was speaking more along the lines of still serving. I've never been to Oregon so I can't speak on it. Still seems odd to me... Why not join soujorners? I enjoy having a blend in my lodge.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I was speaking more along the lines of still serving. I've never been to Oregon so I can't speak on it. Still seems odd to me... Why not join soujorners? I enjoy having a blend in my lodge.
Junior enlisted don't currently qualify for Sojourners.

In England a Rugby lodge was just consecrated. I belonged to an emergency services lodge in England. Affinity lodges aren't new.

Bloke

Premium Member
Affinity lodges aren't new.

Examples here include Teachers, Actors, Military, Jews, Youth, Italian, Germans, Greek, Musicians... even Lodge Philatelic # 552 (merged but later handed in warrant in 1985)

"OBITUARY. MR. S. ORLO-SMITH: Mr. S. Orlo-Smith, a leading figure in Masonic and philatelic circles, died in Melbourne on Wednesday. He was a past master and founding master of the first philatelic lodge in the world, as well as past master of the Surrey Hills (Victoria) lodge."

Above from this link here. Interesting, must look into that as I was in the suburb of Surrey Hills last night and know something of its masonic connections but has not heard of that one