Masonic Veteran Associations????

Discussion in 'Freemasons in the Military' started by Michaelstedman81, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

The crackerjacks look great on a slim guy, especially after make third class and get the crow and red chevron on there. I liked wearing them, but I don't have any real fond memories of how they felt when you had them on. They were really cool when you took them to the tailor and added liberty cuffs. I always had to have help getting out of the jumper, though.

2. bro cue

bro cue Registered User

I am opening a bar in upstate ny. My intention is to gather the despairing high functioning alcoholic veterans I call friends 12B ARMY in a singular place where I may give them refreshment and loving council and speed them to pros that will help them.
    However; LIGHTLY. The fact that I'm am upright. However only blue. Will be recognized by any passing traveler.
    And wages in form of refreshments shall be provided to worthy members of the craft with love and gladness.

As I do love my comrades. I cherish my brothers. The light dwindles. And we shall need numbers in the dark as to know brothers in the light. Travel Light

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

3. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Unfortunately, as you appear to be a member of an unrecognised group, most of us cannot call you a Masonic brother.

4. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Wait so you want to provide alcohol to alcoholics? Thats not very brotherly or responsible!

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Glen Cook and CLewey44 like this.
  5. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Seems a little counterproductive, huh? lol

6. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I'm still trying to figure out why my post was quoted initially....

Ripcord22A likes this.
  7. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Just lucky, I guess... ;)

CLewey44 and Ripcord22A like this.
  8. bro cue

bro cue Registered User

All shall receive wages entitled

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

9. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Bill Lins and Glen Cook like this.
  10. drw72

drw72 Premium Member

This thread goes back a few years but it looks like the National Sojourners have indeed lowered their requirements. According to their website:

Qualifications – All Brethren who are interested in the Order should apply.

• Masonic – You must be a Master Mason (3rd Degree) in good standing of a recognized Regular Lodge*.
    • Military – You must be have served honorably in the Uniformed Services of the United States.
    • Honorary – If you do not qualify under the provisions of the military standards, each chapter is authorized 15% of its membership to be honorary. It can exceed this 15% with a special waiver of the National President. Grand Lodge Officers in the Progressive, Elective Line that would qualify as honorary will not be accounted for within the 15% limitation.
    http://www.nationalsojourners.org/membership/

11. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Yeah, originally the Sojourners was for commissioned/warrant officers only. Then they started admitting senior NCOs in order to increase membership. Then very recently they dropped rank requirements altogether.

12. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Oh wow, I figured that would happen.

13. Bob Stanton

Bob Stanton Registered User

After an inquiry as to whether lower ranked enlisted men could join National Sojourners, I received this reply today: Brother Stanton,
    Yes, the 2016 National Convention voted to change the membership requirements to all who have served honorably. The normal way to join National Sojourners is through a Chapter. ....

Bloke likes this.
  14. Lightlife

Lightlife Site Benefactor Premium Member

Here is the full requirement right off of the application: "...a U.S. citizen, and that he is now, or has served honorably as a member of the service of United States in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Public Health Service or National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, in peace or war, foreign or domestic, in the regular, volunteer, National Guard or the militia of the United States (as defined in 10, USC 311) or has served honorably as a Commissioned Officer or Warrant Officer of any armed services of a nation allied with the United States in time of war and hereby applies for membership in National Sojourners, Inc."

15. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I guess their numbers are dropping so to try and save it they are allowing any rank.

16. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

It's rare enough to see the NOAA listed as a "uniformed service" (slightly different that "military service"). This is the first time I recall seeing the Public Health Service in the list.

17. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

PHS is big in the native lands so I would see them a lot in Santa Fe. Naval uniforms, takes a keen eye to note the difference.

Lightlife likes this.
  18. Lightlife

Lightlife Site Benefactor Premium Member

dfreybur likes this.

Share My Freemasonry