My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Representing the Craft

Do you think representing the craft as if it were a college frat has a negative or positive impact?

• Total voters

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
PHA is regular regardless if the state grand lodge considers them clandestine in the states where the PHA grand lodge is not recognized. Each grand lodge is sovereign. In some areas like Texas & New York, there are a lot of so called 4 letter clandestine lodges so much so that they greatly outnumber the PHA lodges.
I understand that the point I was trying to make is you will find people of every race in all of them

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Actually it isn't. And it is a big issue for the PHA grand lodges in certain states. I have no idea what criteria a clandestine lodge uses to recruit members.
Well down here in the good old state of Florida the MWUGLofFL PHA doesn't have any issue with black , white, red or yellow men joining as long as you bleed red your character is good and your money is green

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I understand that the point I was trying to make is you will find people of every race in all of them

I understood what you were saying. They are primarily Black. It is what it is. Not every clandestine lodge is that way though.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Well down here in the good old state of Florida the MWUGLofFL PHA doesn't have any issue with black , white, red or yellow men joining as long as you bleed red your character is good and your money is green

Great. Why are you comparing your grand lodge to a clandestine one?

mrpierce17

Premium Member
If you take the time to read my post you will see I haven't compared my GL to any I was only stating that every Masonic organization I've come across had people of all races within them including the clandestine ones but since you brought it up I think my GL is second to NONE my brother

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
If you take the time to read my post you will see I haven't compared my GL to any I was only stating that every Masonic organization I've come across had people of all races within them including the clandestine ones but since you brought it up I think my GL is second to NONE my brother

I did take the time to read it. All of your previous posts were about referring to a clandestine lodge as a particular color or race. Then I stated that I had no idea how a clandestine lodge chooses its members. Then you replied with how your grand lodge accepts men of all races. But if you say you were not, then I will accept that.

Last edited:

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Ive never met a clandestine white mason....

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app
Lol jk
ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1461984072.472973.jpg

The Traveling Man

[QUOTE="The Traveling Man, post: Some Clandestine black Lodges also do the camel walk.
Im confused on by what you mean when you say clandestine black lodges because from my understanding any man regardless of race can join any lodge if he is voted on favorably by the brethren that would include GL of state PHA even clandestine lodges I am a Prince Hall mason and I have sat in tiled lodge with many white brothers who where also Prince hall Mason further more I don't see how having a little fun doing a dance is giving away any secrets or violating ones MM oath and obligation[/QUOTE]

Brother, you read too deep into my message. First, in case you haven't saw my pics, I'm black, so I wasn't playing the race card. I stated that the Clandestine black lodges do it to because the average person who may see a group of black Brothers doing the walk on YouTube would probably assume that they are PHA. So I was simply stating that the Clandestine black lodges (as in IFAAM, PHO, etc) do it too (because of the videos on YouTube are in fact Not PHA). If this was a PHA board I would have omitted the "black" reference. But seeing as how most of the Brothers on this board aren't black, me saying Clandestine lodges could have lead them to believe that other Clandestine lodges do it. Clandestine could mean GOdF, Italy, or any other Clandestine Jurisdictions, but when I say Black Clandestine most Brothers will automatically make the association with IFAAM, PHO, JGJ, etc.... Since the camel walk, as far as I know, is not done by any of the mainstream Brothers, I wanted to be clear on who I was referring to when I stated Clandestine. My bad if you took it the wrong way Brother.... And you're right, any race can join any Jurisdiction. There are definitely white Brothers who belong to Prince Hall Lodges, as well as black Brothers (like myself) who belong to Mainstream Lodges.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Im confused on by what you mean when you say clandestine black lodges because from my understanding any man regardless of race can join any lodge if he is voted on favorably by the brethren that would include GL of state PHA even clandestine lodges I am a Prince Hall mason and I have sat in tiled lodge with many white brothers who where also Prince hall Mason further more I don't see how having a little fun doing a dance is giving away any secrets or violating ones MM oath and obligation

Brother, you read too deep into my message. First, in case you haven't saw my pics, I'm black, so I wasn't playing the race card. I stated that the Clandestine black lodges do it to because the average person who may see a group of black Brothers doing the walk on YouTube would probably assume that they are PHA. So I was simply stating that the Clandestine black lodges (as in IFAAM, PHO, etc) do it too (because of the videos on YouTube are in fact Not PHA). If this was a PHA board I would have omitted the "black" reference. But seeing as how most of the Brothers on this board aren't black, me saying Clandestine lodges could have lead them to believe that other Clandestine lodges do it. Clandestine could mean GOdF, Italy, or any other Clandestine Jurisdictions, but when I say Black Clandestine most Brothers will automatically make the association with IFAAM, PHO, JGJ, etc.... Since the camel walk, as far as I know, is not done by any of the mainstream Brothers, I wanted to be clear on who I was referring to when I stated Clandestine. My bad if you took it the wrong way Brother.... And you're right, any race can join any Jurisdiction. There are definitely white Brothers who belong to Prince Hall Lodges, as well as black Brothers (like myself) who belong to Mainstream Lodges.[/QUOTE]
There are also whites In international and 4 letter PHA that's why I wrote the post stating even the clandestine lodges except anyone regardless of race there is no such thing as a black or white lodge even before Prince Hall there was a brother by the name Angelo Solomon who was initiated past and raised in what you refer to for lack of a better word mainstream lodge look him up

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
There are also whites In international and 4 letter PHA that's why I wrote the post stating even the clandestine lodges except anyone regardless of race there is no such thing as a black or white lodge even before Prince Hall there was a brother by the name Angelo Solomon who was initiated past and raised in what you refer to for lack of a better word mainstream lodge look him up

No such thing as a white lodge. Surely, you jest.

Last edited:

The Traveling Man

No such thing as a white lodge. Surely, you jest.[/QUOTE]

Indeed there are whites in those Lodges, and I've seen them. When speaking of Mainstream and PHA I don't refer to black and white Lodges. But when I say Black Clandy what comes to your mind first, IFAAM or Grand Orient of France? That's my point. I think everyone who reads my post will understand exactly what I meant by it and why I said it. But to avoid disharmony among Brothers who may be sensitive to racial identifiers I wont use the term.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Indeed there are whites in those Lodges, and I've seen them. When speaking of Mainstream and PHA I don't refer to black and white Lodges. But when I say Black Clandy what comes to your mind first, IFAAM or Grand Orient of France? That's my point. I think everyone who reads my post will understand exactly what I meant by it and why I said it. But to avoid disharmony among Brothers who may be sensitive to racial identifiers I wont use the term.

For the record, my post was not directed at you. The quotes were messed up in the post I quoted, I had to edit it to correct the problem. I wasn't referring to clandestine lodges when I made that statement either.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
I think outside the box so black clandy to me would be a reference to a black man who is clandestine I have never heard the term white clandy just something to think about and mainstream leads one to believe one is superior and the other inferior so I try to reframe from using that as well we must make the necessary corrections in order to move the order forward for the betterment of the craft

mrpierce17

Premium Member
For the record, my post was not directed at you. The quotes were messed up in the post I quoted, I had to edit it to correct the problem. I wasn't referring to clandestine lodges when I made that statement either.
Brother that's the beauty of masonry we can come together discuss our differences gain a little knowledge and go away with a little more respect for one another at the end of the day where still going to be brothers